please help

Wish I could help you out, but I bought mine at a farm store. If you dont get any response here, try and google it, bet you'll get lots of hits for homemade feeders. Good luck.

I wish I had some ideas for you. Surely someone will come along to help you out.
thumbsup.gif

I dont know how old you are but if you put in easy chicken feeders under the search button up top, you will get a lot of different ideas for homemade feeders that are easy and cheap to make. You probably have some items around your house that could be recycled into chicken feeders. I made one out of pvc piping that was easy to do but did require the use of a couple of power tools. My advice is to do a search and find something you like that will work for you. Good luck!

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and a plastic feed pan from TSC. 16 inch feed pan (16 inches across and 4 inches deep) I cut 2 inch holes all the way around the bottom of the bucket. I spaced my holes about 1/2 inch a part. PLace the bucket in the pan. Remove lid. fill with feed and replace top. Your done! I added a tall pickle jar in the middle of the empty busket to help push the feed out toward the holes and I had a huge aluminum bowl That i put over the bucket to prevent them from setting on the bucket and pooing in the feed. The bowl also covers the pan so it prevents rain from getting in the pan of feed. There is about 6 inches between the bowl and the pan. PLenty of room for them to get to the feed! This is also large enough to allow 10-12 of them to eat at the same time.

I have seen some made out of 3 inch PVC pipe. They used a 90degree elbow on the bottom and about 3-4 feet of Pipe. It kinda looks like a big check mark. You can add a lid/cap (coffee can works) it is a small area of feed but as they eat it will drop more down into the elbow! This will also prevent them from billing out feed all over the ground. You just have to be sure to show them the feed in the bottom. Once they see that its food and not gonna eat them they will be fine!

Good luck and God Bless!

Quote:
This is a fairly easy feeder to make. The hardware store guys should be able to cut the lengths you need. You will just need some PVC cleaner and adhesive to assemble.

I have several of these feeders I use them for oyster shells, grit or feed amendments. They work pretty good, I just pull the feed down with a stick in the AM if it hangs up.

I very much like the PVC trough type feeders. However the use of a band saw is needed to cut the slot for the birds to eat out of. I have seen them where people just drilled large wholes instead.

Use the search function above, search PVC feeders, many designs come up....

ON

Back
Top Bottom