Please I need help with my pekin duck 🦆

jules728

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2024
Hey everyone I have a almost 1 year old pekin duck that’s with 6 chickens I recently noticed a sore on top of her wing and missing feathers and inflammation in her back by her tail I brought her and kept her inside for a week she seemed to be getting better but now since I put her back in the coop she’s gotten worse this is what’s going on I’ve attached pics I’d appreciate any help or advise unfortunately I don’t have the funds for a vet visit at the moment thank you 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2915.jpeg
    IMG_2915.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2913.jpeg
    IMG_2913.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 5
of these 6 chickens....how many roosters? any chance you have a rooster topping her and causing this? she is the only duck?....right now she is alone. maybe if she had a mate they would form a bond and work together to survive the chickens? sweet girl hope she gets better soon

I would separate her (look but no touch). You could still try free ranging together under supervision for now just to watch for bullying.
She needs a duck buddy if she doesn't have one.
My two sissy's are inseparable, and they have a separate coop but they free range with the chickens, they mostly do they're own thing tho.

I hope she gets better for you...

Pic of the Sissy's... 🙂
20230404_110146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom