Please list your favorite dozen or less movies of recent years.

Beer can

Free Ranging
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
Beer Can do you know if Gladiator 2 will be a prequel?

Loved Hidalgo. If my mind is working correctly, I believe Viggo bought the horse after the movie.
No. It is supposed to follow the boy, Lucius 25 yrs after. Can't find any more info maybe it won't happen, but it would be awesome if it does. I hope.

Beer can

Free Ranging
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
Django Unchained
(and pretty much any QT movie)
I put that one off for a long time, couldn't remember why knew it had something to do with Jamie Foxx, had to look it up. Was some stuff he said when he had comedy show on Sirius XM, people make mistakes he later apologized so I'm glad I watched it anyway.
Was a awesome movie, I love the old spaghetti westerns, this one was a modern spaghetti western, everything about it IMHO. Jamie Foxx was awesome in it. Eerie music, definitely not politically correct, blood guts and gore, hilariously funny. Except for a few Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns (Unforgivin, High Plains Drifter....) Django Unchained is one of my favorite spaghetti westerns.

blackandtan

Crowing
Aug 30, 2016
Thunder Bay Ontario canada
I have to recommend “Me Before You”, it is pretty far out of my wheelhouse but I really liked it, I laughed, I cried a lot. So good.

My top favourites include Battleship, transformers, die hard, predators, lord of the rings; typical girl movies 🤪

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
My brother and I ( 69 & 72) hated "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood." Wish we had walked out early and gotten a refund.

drumstick diva

Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Really liked DJango Unchained, even though it was exceptionally gruesome in spots. The bounty hunter was great - can't recall his name

Last edited:

drumstick diva

Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
My brother (69) is a rabid Doc Marten fan - drove me nuts after every episode, filling me in on every moment of each one. :he

Now he watches every ghost program and swears the bathroom at his acupuncturist is
haunted. He even bought a voice box(?) some years ago so he could hear ghosts speaking. As far as I know they never have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom