Please, people... just be NICE.

Quote:
Well-said, well-said!
clap.gif
I agree.

I think we all come across threads where we disagree with something that someone is saying, it's just a matter of being respectful towards all parties when saying what we say about that topic, or choosing to hold our tongues instead if that's the better option. I think sometimes people need to take more time to make sure what they're saying comes across as being respectful to all sides. One can disagree with a topic, even strongly disagree with a topic, and still show a lot of respect and word things gently! I always try to be diplomatic, even when discussing something hotly controversial to me. It can be hard at times and I'm certain I've failed before (who hasn't?), but I still always try to keep things cool and level-headed.

I've only seen a few instances of meanness thankfully, and they've usually been brief, isolated incidences. BYC is a great community, let's all keep making sure it stays that way! The mods do a great job, the members mostly keep their words in line, and it's only on occasion that things get out of hand. We all should just keep an eye on ourselves to make sure we don't say something that might be hurtful.

clap.gif

I agree with a lot of this... we need to listen to each other and though we might not agree... respect each other's opinions. What I do have, and am sure other do as well, a problem with, and would consider mean... is when someone not only disagrees with my opinion... but tries to change my beliefs. Now I'm not talking about the care of animals or size of a coop... that is all learning and growing... I'm talking about... let's say I like blue cotton balls... I think all the cotton balls should be blue.

Someone else gets on and likes pink cotton balls. They think all cotton balls should be pink. That is fine... no problem... but when they insist that my liking blue cotton balls is wrong, unconstitutional, cruel, biased... whatever... is when I might get "mean" or fire back. It could be anything.... politics, religion, sexual orientation, pet choice... it doesn't matter. As long as you aren't talking illegal stuff or something that could hurt someone... we are all allowed to have our opinions and should not be slammed for them.

Okay, I'm done. please no PMs...
hide.gif

Quote:
Nominating Debi to be the next victi... I mean Moderator.

I agree, Debi will be a great mod. I actually think she does "mini" mod-ing now and then.

Quote:
lol.png
My FIL has a similar analogy. He calls it the red car/blue car theory. It drives me crazy but it ends a lot of senseless discussions!

I agree with this...this is usually the only time I get a little snippy...when my choices in life are slammed when someone else doesn't agree with them.

One thing that gets me in trouble is that I type with one finger. Slow, slow,slow. So I try to make my point known in as few words as possible. I have read over some of my responses and they did sound snippy when that was not my intent. But I agree that others, trying to change my cotton ball preference(good analogy), will make my hackles stand on end. I am willing to give my opinion or view just don't appreciate others trying to say I am wrong in my beliefs. I am no more wrong than the person trying to change me.

Back
Top Bottom