Please please help my chickens have worms!!! I don’t know what it is or what I should do!

Pics

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
I went outside gave my chickens some treats and watched them happily scratch around when my one chicken had a foamy yellow poop I looked closer at it and saw worms in it! I have this stuff is it okay to use?
060D0A2F-BCD6-4F0E-BCBF-8DC801F7EBFE.jpeg

Do you have pictures of the worms? Knowing what kind of worm it is will definitely help with the deworming process. Wormwood might not be effective depending on the parasite. And don't panic - chickens often have worms and it's not dangerous unless they have an extremely high worm load or underlaying health issues. If she's eating, drinking, and acting normally for her with no signs of sickness then there's no need to stress right now.

Do you have pictures of the worms? Knowing what kind of worm it is will definitely help with the deworming process. Wormwood might not be effective depending on the parasite. And don't panic - chickens often have worms and it's not dangerous unless they have an extremely high worm load or underlaying health issues. If she's eating, drinking, and acting normally for her with no signs of sickness then there's no need to stress right now.
I’ll try to get some pictures. From what I saw they seemed small and skinny and clear i didn’t look very long though. She seems to be acting fine I found this other medicine I forget the name let me check and I’ll tell you. Thanks so much!!

I would get some Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, or the SafeGuard Equine Paste to worm your chickens. Those are safe and proven wormers. Dosage of Valbazen is 1/2 ml for a standard size chicken given orally once, and repeated in 10-14 days. That treats most chicken worms except the more rare tapeworms. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given orally for 5 consecutive days. You can give it once and then repeat in 10 days for roundworms only. It helps to see pictures of worms.

I would get some Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, or the SafeGuard Equine Paste to worm your chickens. Those are safe and proven wormers. Dosage of Valbazen is 1/2 ml for a standard size chicken given orally once, and repeated in 10-14 days. That treats most chicken worms except the more rare tapeworms. SafeGuard dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given orally for 5 consecutive days. You can give it once and then repeat in 10 days for roundworms only. It helps to see pictures of worms.
Ok thanks I just bought those two. Can I eat there eggs while they’re on it? And how can treat my whole flock because I’m not sure who has it and who doesn’t or if they all have it

Back
Top Bottom