Please pray for Dingle and Dublin!!! ~*EDIT PLEASE READ!!*~

Okay, today, we went to see them and we brought chicken wire.
DUN
DUN
DUNNNN

We put wire in the middle to make 2 sections. There is a coop, water, a nesting box, food, and some kind of a perch on both sides. At first, Dingle and Dublin didnt know they were seperated from Wesley! They stayed on top of the cage 'cause they didnt know they were safe!! Finally, 4 hours later we came back and they were still on top of the cage!! We brought them down, and this time they stayed down and got some food and water! YAYYYY!!! The only bad thing is that Wes (wesleys nickname) wont stop picking on them when they free range for about an hour or 2 every day. So i'll still need some prayers for that!!
Thank you to everyone who has prayed!! Keep-a-prayin'!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I know these are your beloved chickens and it sounds as if you have three options. I say three because even though I see no problem with it, I doubt you will go with the caponization method.

1) Make a seperate pen for your roosters.(who may later turn on each other??)
2) Get more hens ( you can order pullet chicks only from hatcheries)
3) Find new homes for your spare roos.

If you truley love them, whatever the best decision is for the roosters is the decision that needs to be made. To not get rid of them because you love them so much, is just being selfish.
I usually don't have a problem letting go of a pet, if that's in its best interest and I have plenty of animals that I cannot seperate with. BUT, they have the appropriate accomodations and flock mates.

ETA: Even though i consider myself a religious person, I highly doubt prayers are going to change rooster behavior.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom