Please say she’ll live

Then you need a sharp knife to skin the thing and hang the pelt on your wall like all the cool kids are doing.
View attachment 2537547
😂 I’m just kidding. Hopefully you can catch em in the cage and not have to mess with the other traps. Good luck.
Yeah, I hope we’ll be able to catch it in the cage too but definitely willing to try anything at this point hahah does it have to be placed a certain way or anything or do they wander in on their own? Cause I know like for example foxes it has to be covered or tunnel like whatever? And didn’t know if there was anything special with these

Yeah, I hope we’ll be able to catch it in the cage too but definitely willing to try anything at this point hahah does it have to be placed a certain way or anything or do they wander in on their own? Cause I know like for example foxes it has to be covered or tunnel like whatever? And didn’t know if there was anything special with these
Sometimes they’ll go right in a cage out in the open but it’s always best to make it look like a tunnel. Cover the entire thing in leaves, pine needles etc to break up the outline of the cage and put some on the inside of the cage floor too. Just make sure there’s nothing in the way of the door closing completely.

Sometimes they’ll go right in a cage out in the open but it’s always best to make it look like a tunnel. Cover the entire thing in leaves, pine needles etc to break up the outline of the cage and put some on the inside of the cage floor too. Just make sure there’s nothing in the way of the door closing completely.
Thanks again! You’ve been helpful. I will for sure try this and some different bait and hopefully have some better luck :fl

Please say she will live 😭😭😭

She still seems a bit feisty still but does seem a bit shocked.

I think it happened around 3:30am but I’m not sure as I wasn’t home and thought they were all fine. Feel awful.

I am cleaning her up now. It’s not organs is it?

View attachment 2532684View attachment 2532685View attachment 2532686View attachment 2532687View attachment 2532688View attachment 2532689View attachment 2532690View attachment 2532691
Poor baby give her treats for me 🥺

My older sister fishes a lot at our house and wanted to try to catch one of the predators we have around here. Mostly raccoons kill them but we see both raccoons and possums. She set up a trap with some mullet and caught a raccoon and we released it somewhere that wasn’t near our house. We also caught a squirrel without bait that wandered into the trap, and we also released the squirrel.

My older sister fishes a lot at our house and wanted to try to catch one of the predators we have around here. Mostly raccoons kill them but we see both raccoons and possums. She set up a trap with some mullet and caught a raccoon and we released it somewhere that wasn’t near our house. We also caught a squirrel without bait that wandered into the trap, and we also released the squirrel.
Thank you for releasing raccoon if you hadn’t my day would be ruined. I love raccoons 🦝 ♥️

Was it near someone else's house?
Seriously, if you're going to trap, kill what you catch.
Yeah, I have no desires or plans to release it. I mean, I hate killing stuff but releasing it would just make it someone else’s problem to kill someone else’s chickens OR it would just be killed anyway by the other local minks/weasels/whatever this thing is where I release it or by starvation from being in a new area. I’d rather just do it myself. Now, granted, if I catch something I didn’t mean to catch like a squirrel, bunny, chipmunk, etc., then I’d probably release it (on our own property) since they don’t deserve to die for accidentally wandering in, but not a predator.

Back
Top Bottom