Please say this normal?

There is movement... but, to me, these look like roundworms. The other eggs have veins with branches. These things look long and, well.. like worms. Are that many large veins outside the chick's body normally?

As far as the 2nd air bubble, I think that's just fluid. If you've never looked at eggs through a phone, I'd say try it. I can't see into my dark eggs without looking through my phone camera.

I feel like they should be farther along at this point but I'm also a first timer. Some are also WAY bigger than others, but little guys are moving. Does the freezing temp (before I got them) affect their growth or cause complications?
Thank you all for your help.. and for the warm welcome!

Last edited:
There is movement... but, to me, these look like roundworms. The other eggs have veins with branches. These things look long and, well.. like worms. Are that many large veins outside the chick's body normally?

As far as the 2nd air bubble, I think that's just fluid. If you've never looked at eggs through a phone, I'd say try it. I can't see into my dark eggs without looking through my phone camera.

I feel like they should be farther along at this point but I'm also a first timer. Some are also WAY bigger than others, but little guys are moving. Does the freezing temp (before I got them) affect their growth or cause complications?
Thank you all for your help.. and for the warm welcome!
It's normal it's not worms just larger veins at the top of the egg. The veins are held within the inner membrane, near the top that is looser and can move around, especially when the veins are thicker like that. There are moving things in there swishing the egg white. You turning it, the chick moving, gravity.

This egg looks normal and strong to me.

It's normal it's not worms just larger veins at the top of the egg. The veins are held within the inner membrane, near the top that is looser and can move around, especially when the veins are thicker like that. There are moving things in there swishing the egg white. You turning it, the chick moving, gravity.

Wheew. Thank you

It's siblings don't seem as developed.... but also probably normal? Sorry for all the questions.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231215-093630.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231215-093630.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 11
Its siblings don't seem as developed.... but also probably normal? Sorry for all the questions.
It’s hard to tell but to be honest THAT egg doesn’t look great, I don’t see any veins, it’s best to get a proper egg candler rather than a phone light

if an egg is still moving I never toss it, and in that case it’s most likely the light being weak, and actually I thank you for asking questions because I’m wanting to learn more as well

Yeah I agree it’s differently not worms but I didn’t see any chick movement did you? I have seen a few eggs with thicker veins like this but I’ve also had eggs go bad and look similar to this and they definitely went bad

Idk like I said I’m not an expert but I’m interested to discuss it and learn more

Found some almost frozen chicken eggs and wanted to see if I could hatch them. Welp, they are almost all growing strong but this one egg looks WAY different. Worms? Normal? Help please. View attachment 3705872View attachment 3705876

Cold near frozen eggs need time to come out of the stuper they are in, so some may be behind in development, or all of them. I wouldn't make a decision either way yet on this egg. It looks to me like it's trying to grow and quit at the same time. (It could be on its way to quitting) Sometimes they look really funky during the growth stages, if you can see any veins at all, and remember veins are squiggly narrow things, not long thick like blood rings, then Id keep going with it. If it moves with bright light, it's still going. If parts of the egg look globby, separated and dark, veins pull away from edges and it's shrinking, it's dead. Do you have a photo from today for comparison?

Back
Top Bottom