Please say this normal?

Pics

Newoldhen

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2023
Found some almost frozen chicken eggs and wanted to see if I could hatch them. Welp, they are almost all growing strong but this one egg looks WAY different. Worms? Normal? Help please.
VideoCapture_20231215-010147.jpg
VideoCapture_20231215-010400.jpg

Oof, I saw this and decided I’d say something even though I’m not an expert

That doesn’t look good at all it even looks like there’s an air bubble outside of the air cell, and the veins don’t look great, if it’s moving I’d leave it in the incubator but at day 15 if it’s not moving and it looks like that I’d toss it, unfortunately it happens

I’d wait til someone with even more experience than I do comments til you take it out but I’m quite sure that’s simply a bad egg

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I am not an expert either, but I have hatched under a broody a few times, and have assisted in a hatch. (sucessfully) I agree with @Cheems. I would get information from someone more knowledgeable, before tossing the egg. However I think there may be a blood ring, and this egg may be a quitter. But leave your egg in the Bator until we can get a more definitive answer. Feel free to continue to ask questions and make yourself at home here. There are some great articles, that you may find interesting and informative.

Back
Top Bottom