Please send healing vibes for Petey.

Hey guys thanks a bunch! I think your healing vibes are really workin' overtime!!!!

Here are some updated pictures from tonight. Peteys only got one more day on the penicillin and I have to say I'm not as worried about it as i was. I haven't touched much on his shoulder or his bite wounds because they are healing up very nicely and have not given him many problems. He still has this weird pocket of liquid in his shoulder that kind of crackles a bit but it's gone WAYYYY down and Petey moves his wing around freely. He's still extremely thin, but he's eating well, so I'm trying not to worry about that either. I did not try oatmeal but I did get some steel cut Irish oats which have twice the calories and he really likes them.

I have a nice old fashioned Petey story too! There is a mirror above the table that peteys box is on. Mark and I were watching t.v. And we heard Petey making a big fuss. I was really excited to hear him 'talking' so vigorously, and when i turned around to answer him I watched him fly out of the box at his reflection in the mirror! Only room for one Petey in the house I guess!
lol.png

Here's some pics of his face from this afternoon. I got some before pics too to compare with.

This is the right side of his face at 5 o clock this morning.
f6806d16.jpg

And here is about 8 o clock tonight. Check out that eye! It's been open all day! More vision to attack my evil hands with, I suppose.
( that's oatmeal on his face)
720f7735.jpg

And then the left side. This pic was taken i think two days ago? He couldn't open the eye and it was drainIng a Lot
efe07ab8.jpg

And this is today. Totally back to normal. Big beautiful beady eye! He still has a very small amount of drainage but I think a lot of it has to do with the eye meds.
12dcc15b.jpg

Thank you all so much for following this thread and helping me along this. When we found Petey we though he was dead. He barely moved for a tick and I brought him in the house thinking we would let him die in a comfortable place. Well it's only been five days and for the most part I have my old Petey back.

I know we are not out of the woods yet. I know this could still go either way, but I feel much more confident treating him and keepIng an eye on him with you guys here for guidance!

(sorry for all the errors. It's hard to do a long post via iPhone!)

Quote:
LOL. I have some polish chicks on the way. I just keep laughing to myself thinking that someday I might have some half Petey/half polish chickens running around my backyard!

I also forgot to say in my above post that I went back and reread this entire thread and I wanted to apologize to all of the poeple I didn't respond to. You are ALL amazing!

Back
Top Bottom