Please sign this petition against TSCs new brooders

Pics
I saw this on Facebook! It was removed moments later, but many comments from customers and employees saying they deal with the same stuff everyday! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again TSC SHOULD BE BANNED FROM SELLING LIVE ANIMALS! Everyone saying they need to hire people that care and do training, they do have training and lots of it! They do have people that care just not enough! People will say anything in an interview just to get a job especially in retail! Instead of letting more chicks and ducklings suffer to death, let’s put an end to this and ban tsc from selling live animals!
No water for ducklings.... What the actual f*ck. :he:he:he:th:th

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that these issues are on a store-to-store basis. Many stores are taking good care of the chicks, no pasty butt, clean food x water, clean brooders. Then there are lots of other stores taking awful care of the chicks. In my opinion, it all comes down to the management. If the chick manager is actually taking care of the chicks, they will likely be healthy and happy. If the chick manager is neglecting the chicks, then that's exactly how they will look and feel. Neglected. As for the crushing hazard, I think the stock tanks help space the birds out, and fewer chicks being crammed into the battery brooders helps too.

I don’t emotionally sign petitions without first-hand knowledge. 😊
Finally some common sense. Thank you.

As for where else to get chicks. Out here, people set up every weekend in the parking lot by the TSC selling all kinds of livestock. CHickens, Ducks, Geese, Rabbits, Coons, you name it it's in a cage it seems. TSC does not mind either because it brings people there to get the extra's needed for the new pet as well. It's not really advertised, so unless you know about it,..., go check it out one weekend, see if it's by you too, or ask inside the TSC, they should be able to tell you as well of any local swap meets. most of them are pretty keen on stuff like that.

Where to get stuff... here let me google that for you. Craigs list is also a good place to find people selling chickens etc. Many places have local I guess you could call them clubs or organizations or swap meets that get together once a month for people to share / buy sell critters and it seems to do very well. Ive also seen many times on craigs list, have chickens, moving, free to good home, ordered 2 hens, but had to buy 10, so 8 free to good home or for a dollar each or something like that too.

Do a little research you'll be amazed what you can find locally.

Aaron

I'm starting to think that these issues are on a store-to-store basis. Many stores are taking good care of the chicks, no pasty butt, clean food x water, clean brooders. Then there are lots of other stores taking awful care of the chicks. In my opinion, it all comes down to the management. If the chick manager is actually taking care of the chicks, they will likely be healthy and happy. If the chick manager is neglecting the chicks, then that's exactly how they will look and feel. Neglected. As for the crushing hazard, I think the stock tanks help space the birds out, and fewer chicks being crammed into the battery brooders helps too.
It’s always been dependent on the employees. Huge reason I don’t even buy food from TSC tbh.

Isn't TSC using their old fashioned brooder again? There's a YouTube channel called Gold Shaw Farm who said that they are starting to use it again. I have to admit though I feel so bad for TSC since all they wanted to do was make a new brooder which would be easier to clean and care for the chicks and now some people are saying that Tractor Supply should stop selling live animals how about you take your chicks bought from those brooders and sell it on a website or butcher them when they grow up?!?!? I hate that people are giving SO much hate to Tractor Supply for a new brooder. At my Tractor Supply ALL of the chicks seem fine and the chick caretakers watch them 24/7 (please don't give me any negative reactions or respond to me about your opinion. The only people I want responding are people who agree with me)

Isn't TSC using their old fashioned brooder again? There's a YouTube channel called Gold Shaw Farm who said that they are starting to use it again. I have to admit though I feel so bad for TSC since all they wanted to do was make a new brooder which would be easier to clean and care for the chicks and now some people are saying that Tractor Supply should stop selling live animals how about you take your chicks bought from those brooders and sell it on a website or butcher them when they grow up?!?!? I hate that people are giving SO much hate to Tractor Supply for a new brooder. At my Tractor Supply ALL of the chicks seem fine and the chick caretakers watch them 24/7 (please don't give me any negative reactions or respond to me about your opinion. The only people I want responding are people who agree with me)
I agree. I haven't seen the new brooders yet and how bad could they possibly be??? What's all the fuss about

It’s always been dependent on the employees. Huge reason I don’t even buy food from TSC tbh.
What's so bad about them? They are always probably either busy or stressed out about work or personal reasons. They also could also be on their break or have nothing to do at Tractor Supply. The tractor supply people in my town treat us kindly and help the customers when they need it. I don't get why you're saying they're disrespectful.

have a pic of the new brooders? sorry havent whent to TSC for chicks yet...
These aren't my pictures but here's what they basically look like
Tractor Supply has new chick bins | BackYard Chickens - Learn How to Raise  Chickens
chick 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom