Please Support the One and Only Thang

Shhhhhh!! !!! I'm listening to "It's a Love Thing" Maybe I should pipe it out to the Palace. Any1 from another thread and who don't frequent this section will wonder what a crazy bunch we are will be scratching their heads on this thread. Oct 1 is Thang day.Dang bird has more fans than I have friends.

Actually, Zaz, I think that AuguredIn brings up a very important subject.

After Thang has lived a full, happy, and long life, it may be impossible to let him go forever.
FBC will probably be so heartbroken that he may have Thang taxidermed, or perhaps freeze-dried.

Thank you, AuguredIn, for pointing out that Thang must someday be memorialized so that he never leaves us.
I work all day,,take a newly Imported GSD puppy to the vets office tonight for a health certificate (And while I'm waiting the vet is putting to sleep a family cat with liver falure,whole family is crying and boo-hooing) so at 3am I can go back to O'Hare so he can hitch a ride down to Houston,,and when I finally come here for relaxation and education all I see is sympathy towards Thang. Maybe that Memorial-Cryogenic freeze-taxidermy fund should be started now,because the stoopid things Thang does,it's hard telling when or what will cause his demise.Maybe the UPA would accept the next new Pea color ot Pattern as "Thangette",,or "Thangshoulder" or "Thangbar" ??

Sorry to hear that you are having a difficult day.
hugs.gif

You're right, we should be appreciating you, too.
Friends, please take a moment to honor FBC, father of the beloved Wild Thang.

Last edited:
RANDY! He's definitely been my biggest help in the beginnings of my pea addiction. 10 of my 13 babies are from him, one that I hatched here, and the three that aren't, I got because of the one that hatched, so it wouldn't be lonely. So literally, I couldnt've done it without him! :D

Thanks Randy for putting up with my unusual adoration for Mr. Thang. And for getting me on my feet in the peafowl world. :)

Well, I don't think I have the right to speak for Thang...but because he might have some trouble with the keyboard, I'd like to thank you all on his behalf for the outpouring of love you showed him on his Special Day.

And also to acknowledge that his admirable qualities are thanks to the "tough love" parenting skills of FBC, which shaped him into the Thang we know and love today.

A final note: until the Second Annual National Thang Pride Day...Keep Thanging!

Last edited:
Poor Thang... I mean, how would we all react if we grew up with our parents telling us how ugly and stupid we are? The poor guy has a self esteem problem and I will be happy to be his therapist! Send him to me, and I'll send him back when his therapy is done. It should only take me... ummm... maybe 20 years? See? Not long at all!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Frosty the therapy will only work if both parties participate and Frenchy has already shown his true colors to poor Thang however if you keep him for along time he will be set in his ways and Frenchy cant harm his mental Mojo.

Frosty the therapy will only work if both parties participate and Frenchy has already shown his true colors to poor Thang however if you keep him for along time he will be set in his ways and Frenchy cant harm his mental Mojo.
Hmmm... can they participate over the internet with moderated chatting? I think poor Thang is beautiful, but misunderstood! Maybe if Frenchy could practice saying how beautiful Thang is and make it sound sincere? My guys aren't tame enough to hold, but are ok with me going in with them (even at night). Maybe because when I enter I always call out 'Hi gorgeous, it's just me...' So they are secure in their manhood and know that I won't make them feel bad about themselves.

Wow, Frosty, I am really impressed by your sensitivity to your pea's feelings and dignity.
Some others here could follow your example (you know who you are).

I fed the Thang pen 4 hamburger buns tonight that was going to waste.I could have just as easily broken this up and gave to a more loving group of peas.With 7 other pens it's not hard to find bread lovers galore,but out of respect for Thang I stopped by and let him go nutts over the torn up pieces of bun.He needs manners as well,,very rude to the 2 hens with him when it comes to sharing,,somewhere caring is supposed to go with sharing and Thang acted like it was his last meal.
New2,didn't mean in post# 32 that I needed any appreciation,,I just didn't think Thang had as much moral support as he does,almost 2 more pages was added to this thread while I was gone.Frosty,,few words are spoken to Thang,,we havn't formed a bond. He needs Rosetta Stone 2 learn english.And a tutor.Thang earned his feed for the upcoming year by at least supplying some fertile eggs to the mix.And what a mix of chicks he produces.Maybe a full trained Thang this spring will up my respect of but that is another 6 months to go.Lots to quality therapy time tho over the wintertime.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom