Please tell me Beano works for dogs?

As long as we're on the topic...I heard a good one the other day that I've been dyin' to share...

"drier than a popcorn fart"

As in "it's so darned cold outside the air is drier than a popcorn fart!"

Yes, this thread makes for some good laughs on an otherwise painfully boring day at work!

When I was a kid, we all gathered at the dining table for dinner and our dog (fat beagle mix) always stayed under the table - hoping for the veggies us kids would slip under the table for him to eat.

Usually we would get that "smell" and my Dad would say "Who shot the robin?" and we all would groan and the dog would sheepishly crawl out from under the table and slink away.

Much later on, we kids found out that it was my DAD all the time and would blame the poor dog!

Is THAT why my hen coop smells so BAD? I feed corn and wheat! OMG, are they just holding them in till I leave. The rooster sure had a big grin on his face when I walked in the other day. Do chickens "cut the cheese" when humans aren't around????????
lol.png

I have a 10 year old great dane that will not only clear a room but will also come close to clearing the house. I will buy a bag of charcoal and try it I WILL TRY ANYTHING, due to a certain problem (like money) i have to buy the cheapest dog food I can find which unfortunately is Kibbles & bits, and between her and the pitt I think I keep Yankee candles in business, but due to age, I can't put them out in the cold weather and also my GS's little terrier was grabbed by what the vet thinks was a bob cat.and since I really trust Dr. Tate to know what he is talking about I keep them pretty close to me, Esp since they are afraid of Everything.
barnie.gif
marrie

Quote:
In Southern California. Too cold for a dog? Seriously?

I know the main issue is the gas, but if the Beano winds up not working, why not have him outside? If the doughouse is insulated at all, a dog that sturdy should have NO problem with being outside.

Many folks here in MN have insulated dog houses, sheltered by barns or outbuildings, and the dogs get by just fine. I am very careful when when it gets to be below zero, but the Labaradors I have had actually prefer being outside to being in a warm house. Of course, I bring them in ocassionally and have heated water to keep it from freezing.

It's a pit biull, right? Not like it's a schnauzer or chihauha...

Sorry for sidetracking the thread.

Well... he is pretty spoiled! If it were up to me I would have him outside, but the fiance feels sorry for him
idunno.gif
. We don't do insulated dogs houses out here(or at least I dont). It's just when it gets down to the 30's and 40's we'll bring him in at night. I'm sure he'd mannage no problem, but like I said he's spoiled. My dogs are the exact opposite as yours as they want to be inside as much as possible. Shoot my boston terrier/chihuahua sleeps in my bed under the covers (I hate to admit it)
hide.gif
Here's pic of the culprit.
19853_charlie_014.jpg

As you can see he is where he likes to be.
he.gif

When I was a kid, "fart" was a rude word so we said "windy" in our house, as in "Oh dear, the dog had a windy." Of course, as an adult, I now have difficulty not giggling when somebody says that a person is really long winded or a "wind bag" because I get a completely different picture in my mind.

Ah, so juvenile of me...

I always tell the fiance after a night of mexican food that " sounds like we got a couple of a-holes talkin S#*!
bun.gif
" I hope thats not to explicit
big_smile.png
?

Chef

Quote:
lau.gif
And now you know why the poor dog slinked away... not because he/she was guilty, but because by being under the table he/she got the worst of Dad's fart. Poor dog.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom