Please tell me this is not a mister...Updated with xtra pics 4 replies

Hen..and she should be searching for a nest real soon.
wink.png

Jody

With all the voters on page 4 thumbing up for hen, I'm sooooo happy right now. Thank you all so much. Shoooooo, I feel much better! Thanks everyone, I'm pretty confident she's a hen.

I say hen too. My roo started getting long greenish feathers in his tail when he was young. BUT my roo is 19 weeks and I have not herd him crow..I know he's a roo though. I have some girls that have red faces and big gobbles like that...anyways hen!

Quote:
Ahhh. Just seems this week that whole face has brightened and the comb has doubled. No nesting issues yet or squatting so far. Thanks for another "hen" vote. I can sleep tonight for sure.
smile.png

Definitely a hen you have there. At this point, if it was a rooster he would probably be crowing already. Also, the comb would be MUCH larger and the bird would already have a somewhat pointed tail. Some hens just develop more quickly than others, but you can always tell by the look in the eye and the bird's stance/legs. After raising birds for several years, it gets easier and easier!
lol.png

Thanks for the positive reinforcement chilisweet and chickerdoodle. I'm absolutely confident this is a hen now. Can't wait to post a pic of her first ova.
smile.png
Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom