PLEASE tell me this isn’t a boy.

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hi all. I have 4 Japanese bantam chicks and i’m looking to know the gender of one in particular.
One i am quite confident is a roo, he’s even begun to crow and fight. However, the other one i was sure was a female until that one started getting a red comb and tidbitting. They are all the same age but i figured comparison was good, late bloomer? I hope not.
0B77C928-EC7D-4456-8928-4FB7E542D297.jpeg
The one in the middle is a obvious roo, but the one in question is to the very left, he has started to fight the rooster, and the girl is all the way to the right. About 7 weeks old. Thoughts? It’s hard to take a good pic, they are skittish.

A few of my Serama hens (similar to your Japanese bantams) developed more pinkish combs and wattles around that age…. and a little larger ones as well ultimately. It looks like a pullet to me also. Your bantams are beautiful.

Hi all. I have 4 Japanese bantam chicks and i’m looking to know the gender of one in particular.
One i am quite confident is a roo, he’s even begun to crow and fight. However, the other one i was sure was a female until that one started getting a red comb and tidbitting. They are all the same age but i figured comparison was good, late bloomer? I hope not. View attachment 3481008The one in the middle is a obvious roo, but the one in question is to the very left, he has started to fight the rooster, and the girl is all the way to the right. About 7 weeks old. Thoughts? It’s hard to take a good pic, they are skittish.
Beautiful hens and roo! I think the one in question is a pullet. :)

Back
Top Bottom