1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Plymouth Barred Rock chicks about three weeks now - boy or girl

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GinaNew York, Mar 29, 2017.

1. GinaNew York

GinaNew York Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    New York/CT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] two Saturdays ago my daughter decided she wanted chickens for eggs up in her Danbury Ct house. not wanting to order 25 from a hatchery, we went to Agway who swears they do order sexed females but with a 10% error rate. These two, who we are both in love with were a few days older than the others (we picked up 9). We have three light Brahmas, two Ameracuanas, two golden laced Wyandottes and these babies. the feet have a dark streak and the toes and the feathers re coming in - any ideas on if they are girls or boys - I've been reading threads and start out thinking I've got this and then I'm more confused as I read more.

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Too young, though with the big head spot I'd be leaning towards male. Please post standing profile pictures in natural lighting when they are at least 6-8 weeks old. :)

3. GinaNew York

GinaNew York Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    New York/CT
    I will definitely be posting more pics. I was hoping with the black on the legs we might get lucky - this one has such a personality.

4. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    There's a good chance you will! Hatcheries don't have great quality birds so stuff like that isn't always applicable. :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very hard to evaluate little bitty chicks on a big chair. If the chair was cropped out the chicks would be enlarged if you use Picassa or other photo program. Eight weeks would be better for new photos

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by