Plymouth Rock thread!

O.K., I have to show off my SPPR from Wynette too! These hatched 7/9/11. Love them and wish I had room to keep them, I just have too many breeding pens with the Barred and the Blue. Two other breeds going also and I am afraid I won't be able to get ant of them right with out alot more room. .......stan

Hi, Stan! Boy, have they matured nicely! You've done a most excellent job raising them up. I hope you are able to find someone willing to work on them when you sell them. They look very nice! Tell me, is the penciling complete on the front of the necks of the females? I culled pretty heavily for that last year, and I'm hoping that they are looking better in this regard as adults.

OK, I have to jump in and share a pic of my Wynette SPPR too!
big_smile.png

Here's a pretty pullet that is 5 mos old. I'm pleasantly surprised with her size. Wynette warned me that these might be smaller than other PR's, but only one pullet ended up a bit smaller than the rest......and their size is pretty comparable to the splash PR pullet I hatched out last year from Halo. I have not weighed any, so I don't know how much any of my chickens weigh!

OK, I have to jump in and share a pic of my Wynette SPPR too!
big_smile.png

Here's a pretty pullet that is 5 mos old. I'm pleasantly surprised with her size. Wynette warned me that these might be smaller than other PR's, but only one pullet ended up a bit smaller than the rest......and their size is pretty comparable to the splash PR pullet I hatched out last year from Halo. I have not weighed any, so I don't know how much any of my chickens weigh!

Okay, this gal is just lovely! She's got nice, crisp penciling - it's difficult to tell from this angle, but it also appears she has little to NO cushion! WOOT! How 'bout boxing her up & sending her to me? Thanks for posting the picture. I've been so discouraged with my little flock, this really helps me want to continue working on them!

Okay, this gal is just lovely! She's got nice, crisp penciling - it's difficult to tell from this angle, but it also appears she has little to NO cushion! WOOT! How 'bout boxing her up & sending her to me? Thanks for posting the picture. I've been so discouraged with my little flock, this really helps me want to continue working on them!

I saw her first! :) wouldn't she like to live in sunny California...just kidding

Hey Wynette, I think I have found someone who will do a fine job of taking care of my birds!! As for the penciling on the front of the girls, you'll have to judge if you have made an improvement. She looks a little ruffeled - she was not happy about being stuffed into a pillowcase to be weighted. 6 pounds at 7 months by the way...stan

Back
Top Bottom