Plymouth Rock thread!

I tried the BOSS and they looked at it and looked at me like I was nuts. I did the sprouting thing too and again the your crazy look. The youngsters ate the sprouts to a point then after a few days started shunning it too. How do you feed it?

i dont feed or at least not yet. I dudnt even kniw what BOSS was until an hour ago

Do you buy it with the shell off? What I found has the shell on. I actually manually deshelled some but if didnt get their interest even that way.
I buy it without the shell...the shell adds bulk and carbs only really....the meat inside is where the good stuff is...you can get it in the bulk food bin sections at grocery stores...found a bag of it in the bird seed section at gorcers and pet/feed stores too.

Do you buy it with the shell off? What I found has the shell on. I actually manually deshelled some but if didnt get their interest even that way.
I buy it with the shell intact.

I've heard of some chickens not liking corn either, but mine love it. My birds won't eat greens I provide though. Probably get enough of it on range. My last flock went nuts for spinach, and this flock despises it

hi, I am needing info on BR rooster temperament please. I have 4 hens who are sweet n follow me now, wish to add too in '14 and not sure which type yet. also have EEs and BJG, feel giant roo will b too aggressive. thank you for any help.

hi, I am needing info on BR rooster temperament please. I have 4 hens who are sweet n follow me now, wish to add too in '14 and not sure which type yet. also have EEs and BJG, feel giant roo will b too aggressive. thank you for any help.

We have had one barred Rock roo till he was about 6m old and he was so sweet! I carried him around like a kitten. Now we have two silver penciled rock roo's and they are about 6m old. They are somewhat timid of the humans which is better than aggressive! You can catch them if you corner them and they
Let you hold them all day long. But they aren't as sweet as the barred rock we had. This is small scale and individual temperaments vary of coarse.

I have yet to have an aggressive barred rock boy. They have all been extremely even tempered. Just treat him like a rooster and not like a hen (don't pick him up and cuddle him, and treat him like a pet - this goes for any rooster) and you will be golden.

thank you, my issue is I am in a woods n want a roo for protection n brooding but I don't want to risk him being mean to the EEs. my Jersey girls rule roost n i figure male jersey would possibly be too rough on nicer birds I have.

Back
Top Bottom