Plymouth Rock thread!

Well guess I'll be subscribing to this thread since I picked up 2 PR from my local TSC a little over a week ago. I blame the Buy 6 get 2 free deal. LOL

Here's my 2 little ones

They seem to be very standoff ish and do not like to be picked up in the slightest. I'm not sure if that's just this breed in general or if it's because I have the brooder set up outside this year and they don't see or hear me as much.
I picked up 2 PRs today and 2 RIRs...one of the PRs seems to be the boss :)

Chicken #1 85% Cockeral they are 10 weeks old

Last edited:
Can some Rock experts let me know how fast or slow these guys feather out? I have a buff chick that seems to be extremely slow growing & slow feathering. She seems healthy enough but everyone else (non-rocks, large fowl, mixed bag) seem to be growing by leaps & bounds ahead of her
1f914.png
I just didn't know if I should be concerned or is this a trait in them?

I love NW Arkansas. Not an expert but I do have 4 different breeds including 6 Barred Rocks. They were slower to get their adult feathers and I worried about one little runt in particular because she seemed so behind in her development but at 7 weeks of age mine are now all fully feathered and gaining weight steadily, even getting their comb colors with specs of red, etc. So hang in there and watch them grow into the beautiful birds they are.

And by the way I love NW Arkansas, have I already said that? Love that area. Used to live there. You are so blessed.

Back
Top Bottom