Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Congrats on the egg!
thumbsup.gif

The BR's look really nice! I love the barring on the male in the last shot. So mesmerizing!

Yard full o' rocks :

Well....my second Columbian Rock pullet started laying today and her sister was in/out of the nest box ALL DAY so I expect her to start laying any day!!! That makes 2 laying now.....Yiiiiippppppeeeee!!

Here are a couple of shots from my grow up pens of the "breeder quality" barred rocks I have coming along. The last 2 are of the cockerel I am planning to keep.

woot.gif
Hooray on the pullets laying!

How did you decide which BRs to keep. I am at that point, and just can not decide. Since I do have some meaties growing and going to the processor in late August, I decided to keep all the 12 BR boys around until then. I think we will process the ones not chosen as our breeders. That is really sad too, since they really are excellent quality birds. SO, how do I pick the keepers? What should I look for?​

Hi all. I need some buff rock chicks between 2 weeks and 12 weeks old. Or, someone to sell me some hatching eggs this fall. Does this fit with anyone's flock? Or can you refer me somewhere? I don't want 25 hatchery birds. Thanks.

Hey guys check out the BST section for birds 8 weeks old and up. David or RockN'Faverolles has some really nice bantam rocks for sale. I wish I could get some but don't have room. They are on the 3rd page.

Henry

Quote:
I think I might have misled you a bit....sorry. The CRs I got from a local guy here in Ga are laying. They are about 22 weeks old. These girls are from "hatchery parentage". My "breeder quality" birds came from Ohio and those are about 16-17 weeks old. Those are the ones in the group shot

Sorry

Back
Top Bottom