PO slaughtered my eggs...(DUW Warning)

Thanks Everyone. I appreciate your nice comments. For everyone who went through this too, Im sorry!

Jody, I really appreciate your offer, but for the time being, I think Im just going to stick with my own eggs. I really do appreciate the offer though. I just dont want to go through this again. I'll set them and see, but if they arent growing, Im going to stick a couple pullet chicks under her. Thanks again, I appreciate what you did.

Wildsky, 8 made it uncracked, but they all have detached aircells or yolks, all but one *MAYBE*. Im not even sure if THAT one is ok. Its pretty frustrating.

So sorry! That really sucks.
hugs.gif

They did that to some eggs I sold and they killed all 2doz. I sent the guy 2 doz free eggs afterwards not like he every told me if they made it or not. RUDE. His mad at me for the eggs being broken

Hello, Jordan,

I am sorry to see the P.O. struck again... I had that problem a couple of times last year from the same seller... It was a lot of money and there wasn't anything that could be done about the treatment of the box itself.

Have your mother file a formal complaint with your local post office about the fact that they did not call when the box was clearly marked... Trust me, if you get the right person sympathetic for you, you would be amazed at how helpful they can be. The squeaky hinge gets oiled first kind of thing.

(My carrier is about to two steps from get the smack down treatment from me as I am hormonal and lacking patience at this time.)

My post office knows I get in eggs... they think I am nuts but they know that the boxes are usually marked clearly with call me instructions (they instructed me to have that written on the packages) as my carrier has found herself to be too lazy to attempt deliveries for the most part. On Monday, I was expecting three boxes of eggs. I received a call for one and a package slip for two other packages which they wouldn't let me pick up. They won't release packages the day the slip is written because they don't sort them until that night, after they close... guess what the other two packages were? Worst thing was they were very clearly marked with the same exact information on calling for pickup...

Let's just say that a while back I was getting irritated about have to pick up boxes from grandma that would have fit in my mailbox (she actually measured the boxes to make sure) and after voicing my irritation about having to wait an additional three days to pick up packages while dragging four children with me, I was given the phone number to the carrier manager... I actually kept it and used it Tuesday morning. I am hoping that my package problems are resolved as they don't want to get calls from pregnant women at 7 am. The manager has put into place a policy that I get called on all packages to see if I will be there for delivery and if not, they will make sure to leave a message, a package slip and pull my packages so I don't have to wait.

FYI, I was never nasty, just clear and honest and ended every conversation with "Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate you making the effort."

I just have to say, that Ive gotten dozens and dozens of eggs so far this year, and I think Ive had only 4 or 5 broken, including 2 or 3 boxes Ive gotten from Jody. My PO is just wonderful; they even call me to come pick up boxes, even if my number isnt on the box. They take great care with them; they are the most wonderful people. Now I can't vouch for what happens until they get to their office, but once there, they go above and beyond the call of duty for me. I appreciate them greatly.

Halo, That is the way my post office is too. It is so sad when you get a box of eggs like Jordans. I try to keep track of where I have problems with shipped eggs. I am sorry to say that the most problems I have had are to and from California. I did not do to well with Arizona either but I have only had one shipment there.

Jordan, So sorry about those eggs. Some of Jody's nice BOs would look good in your yard.

I'm wondering, if these were a breakable object instead of precious eggs how many of you would put insurance on it? And why don't you for eggs? At least then the cost of packaging and postage would be covered.

My P.O. is awesome,too. I am confident that if I get a package that it was mishandled,it occurred before they got it, so what good woud it do to rant at them?That's the problem, there are no checks along the way. I wonder if insuring would help. One time it was discussed and I think the claims process is a nightmare. It might be worth it,though.

Back
Top Bottom