Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
This thread is for anyone who has or loves POINTERS!!!! The dog. Whether that’s German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP), English Pointer, German Wirehaired Pointer (GWP) or any of the other pointer breeds if there’s others.

Back when I had energy: showed him a couple of times bench (he was oversized, and not a fan), did obedience, and AKC hunt tests. Our only pointer, and didn't train for hunting correctly. 'Get him on birds first', a very bad idea. Then, couldn't get 'whoa' as he needed for the tests. Embarrassing, but funny.
He was a stubborn German, and so am I. We spent over a year in open obedience, one class after another, until he finally believed that I meant each command EVERY TIME.
He was the typical perpetual motion machine pointer, so much energy! Wears me out thinking about him now.
Mary

Back when I had energy: showed him a couple of times bench (he was oversized, and not a fan), did obedience, and AKC hunt tests. Our only pointer, and didn't train for hunting correctly. 'Get him on birds first', a very bad idea. Then, couldn't get 'whoa' as he needed for the tests. Embarrassing, but funny.
He was a stubborn German, and so am I. We spent over a year in open obedience, one class after another, until he finally believed that I meant each command EVERY TIME.
He was the typical perpetual motion machine pointer, so much energy! Wears me out thinking about him now.
Mary
Oh wow he sounds amazing and hilarious! Not sure I could do the energy though lol

Back
Top Bottom