POL cream legbar with a sniffle

bantamsrbest100

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Hi i have just got a POL cream legbar, had her less than 24 hours, she has just got a little sniffle, nothing coming out of her nose, no swelling, just the odd sneeze, she is separated and in a well ventilated dust free coup. she is bright and eating and drinking, i have put tonic in her water and some medi crumbs, she layed yesterday so im hoping she will lay today!
i'm hoping the move may have brought it on the snifle but any advice b appreciated :)
does she need proper medicine? or just time to settle in new environment? id hate myself if i lost her to something i missed....

Watch her closely over the next few days to see if she has any eye bubbles, eye or facial swelling, nose or eye drainage, or gurgles/wheezes when she breathes. These would be signs of respiratory disease, and time to think about Tylan50 or some other antibiotic. I would not add her to my flock unless she is free of symptoms for 30 days, and if she gets any of these symptoms I probably would return her to the breeder because you don't want disease in your flock. Click for a list of diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Watch her closely over the next few days to see if she has any eye bubbles, eye or facial swelling, nose or eye drainage, or gurgles/wheezes when she breathes. These would be signs of respiratory disease, and time to think about Tylan50 or some other antibiotic. I would not add her to my flock unless she is free of symptoms for 30 days, and if she gets any of these symptoms I probably would return her to the breeder because you don't want disease in your flock. Click for a list of diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
thank u! she isnt sneezing today just a little wheezy, she is eating garlic and drinking apple cider vinegar and poultry tonic. she is very bright and active, no discharge at all, she hasnt laid an egg for two day tho? and her poops r green and white? is this a sign of resp disease as well??

Back
Top Bottom