Polish chic died unexpectedly. Eye issue.

Hi @Eva_hatchings do you have a thread of your own, I can't find it.
Can you please give more info and some photos?
You mention swelling on the right side below the "next" I assume you mean "neck"?
Could it be your chick's crop that you are feeling?
Yes...its the crop..it gets swollen by the night...and gets normal the next day..he eats and drunk well..is really active....just the bump stresses me out a bit...he also twitches his neck a lit and sometimes tries to itch his neck with his feet....

Yes...its the crop..it gets swollen by the night...and gets normal the next day..he eats and drunk well..is really active....just the bump stresses me out a bit...he also twitches his neck a lit and sometimes tries to itch his neck with his feet....
It's normal for the crop to be full at night, then be empty in the morning after they have been sleeping. A young bird may scratch a little especially when feathering in, but it may be a good idea to look for bugs like lice or mites.

It's normal for the crop to be full at night, then be empty in the morning after they have been sleeping. A young bird may scratch a little especially when feathering in, but it may be a good idea to look for bugs like lice or mites.
That was a huge releif...we leave him. Out in the open only at my 0pool porch which is clean.. but anyways I'll see if the ate any bugs or mites... thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom