Polish Chickens - Pullet/Cockeral

AndiMarie

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2023
Southeast Indiana
Hello!

Wondering opinions on my polish chickens. Pretty positive the buff is a rooster but not positive on the white crested. Thanks!!

Pictures are from around 1-2 weeks old and 6ish weeks currently.

IMG_9939.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0446.jpeg

IMG_0378.jpeg

IMG_0441.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    851.2 KB · Views: 13
Ohhhh, a challenging pair. This is good.

At the moment, I am going to say both cockerels.

If you can get a close up picture of the white crested, that will help a bit. White crested black is the most challenging variety in most cases. They tend to fill out their crest faster, which can be deceiving.

Ohhhh, a challenging pair. This is good.

At the moment, I am going to say both cockerels.

If you can get a close up picture of the white crested, that will help a bit. White crested black is the most challenging variety in most cases. They tend to fill out their crest faster, which can be deceiving.
IMG_0447.jpeg

Thanks for chiming in!! This is about as close as I can get. It’s a screenshot from a video.

The buff is all rooster attitude running around with its tail up. The white crested is more timid and keeps its tail down and hasn’t been chest bumping and trying to control the others like the buff but not sure that means much at this age.

View attachment 3535329

Thanks for chiming in!! This is about as close as I can get. It’s a screenshot from a video.

The buff is all rooster attitude running around with its tail up. The white crested is more timid and keeps its tail down and hasn’t been chest bumping and trying to control the others like the buff but not sure that means much at this age.
I’m changing my guess to cockerel the ear patch is the same color/shade as my 9 week cockerel

View attachment 3535329

Wow - a beautiful bird with a very nice crest. I would be beyond jacked if this was my bird and it was a cockerel. The crest is going to be gorgeous.

Ok - as for the guess on gender - a really tough call. At the moment, I am going to stick with cockerel. If you are able to get me a close up shot of the crest feathers, where I could see them individually- I'd probably be able to change by guess from 60% certainly to 75 😉

But seriously. An incredible shaped crest here on the black, white crested. A real gem.

View attachment 3535329

I’m changing my guess to cockerel the ear patch is the same color/shade as my 9 week cockerel

Thanks everyone! We should be able to keep both regardless as long as they get along. I’ve always thought from the beginning the white crested was a male and named it Stuart but it has changed the last few weeks watching mannerisms compared to the buff one (Tweety), so it’s temporary name is Martha Stuart.

Back
Top Bottom