Polish Chickens. What Color Are These?

JordanFamily

Crowing
16 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Archie, MO
Now that my Polish are adults I would like to know if anyone knows what color they are? I know the Rooster is a WC black but I'm note sure about the hens... One looks black like my roo but a couple other ones have gray and black, on their feathers, and a couple look silver colored to me? I'm not to sure about all the colors Polish come in and so was hoping some of you could let me know what I got... On a different note... I'm getting a WC Chocolate and was wondering what color offspring I would get when I breed him to these girls? Any ideas? Thanks
000_5244.jpg

000_5254.jpg

000_5240.jpg

000_5245.jpg

And here is my young WC Black Roo (ELVIS), just thought I would throw him in to show him off.. LOL...

000_5246.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks That's what my guess was to... Now if anyone knows what I might get with breeding these girls to a WC Chocolate Roo please let me know... Thanks sooo MUCH!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks That's what my guess was to... Now if anyone knows what I might get with breeding these girls to a WC Chocolate Roo please let me know... Thanks sooo MUCH!!!
big_smile.png

Ok, I have not herd of that color in Polish. Thats a new one to me.
hmm.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

Ok, I have not herd of that color in Polish. Thats a new one to me.
hmm.png

It is a relativly new color to the breed. It is actually seen in the bantam Polish... I'm getting him to breed to my black hen and am supose to get black, chocolate, and maybe Khaki from them... I'm now just wondering what would happen with the other colors??? This little Roo I have is chcolate and bantam sized and these hens I have are standard... I'm going to try to eventually get standard size in the chocolate Polish... Did I mention he is also a frizzle Polish!!! I can't wait to get Chocolate frizzle Polish babies out of him... Anyone have any ideas on the colors??? Chocolate to Blue makes what? Chcolate to buff lace makes what??? Thanks

Quote:
There is at lease one WC black female in there, they're not all blue. There's also a buff laced.

She's hiding
wink.png
I hadn't noticed her until you mentioned her.

Shay, a mix of blue & black is genetically impossible. Could be a dark blue or a black, not a mix.

I would recommend against breeding the chocolate to the blues--the colours will blend together too much; you'll get a richer chocolate hue if you keep the blue diluter out of the equation. Bred together you'll get something that isn't quite either.

I don't believe dun dilutes gold pigment (buff), but is an allele to dominant white (the lacing); I think--maybe Henk or Tim or Krys can comment--that you might end up with some chocolate laced buff.

the darker ones are white crested black (including the handsome roo) the lighter ones are white crested blue and the buff one is a buff laced. they are very pretty and handsome. i love polish
roll.png
i have some golden laced pullets and a cockerel, i hope he turns out as pretty as yours.

Back
Top Bottom