Polish Hatching Eggs - Black & White Polish - $25 per dozen

LOL.... Once this heat goes down here in Ohio I will have some large box specials to go......

Thanks
Ruth

Quote:
Cool - thanks Terry. Yet another breed I've never heard of so I'll look it up right away. I didn't have a male so I put the females with the black & whites. I just thought they were also Polish, just bantams. They breed well together and I've gotten many dozen chicks from them.

O.K., so now everyone knows - these are Polish/Crevecoeurs together. Could get a pure Polish since I have males and females of them, could get a mix since I only have female Crevecoeurs.

p.s. SCBirdFarm is THE place to go to buy exotic and rare breeds and they have the most amazing selection of birds. Watch for their large box "variety" specials - like Forrest Gump's Mama would say "You never know what you're gonna get." I've had lots of birds hatch from their eggs and I have to write Terry and say "what is this?"

So Terry, now that I know that the small black birds are Crevecouers I now know what Josephine is. I've recently put Josphine in with Napoleon so now the question is What is Napoleon?

He's so cute and small and fiersome and is the only one of his breed to hatch from my last large box special of yours. He's been running around our farm and you can hear his crow and know it instantly from anywhere - kind of sounds like a hoarse canary crowing.
smile.png
In any event, I used to say he was a Little General and had Litte Man Syndrom (hence the name Napoleon) because he would jump at and on roosters that weigh 10-15 pounds and run them off and he would try and mate with hens that weigh 10 pounds. I would be walking around the farm and feel like something hit me in the back of my leg and look down and there he would be. I would know he flogged me but he would act all tough but since he doesn't weigh as much as a bird, he could do no harm. But, I was worried one of my huge roos wouldn't be so kind to him so I put him in a pen. I really wanted to put him in a bird cage and bring him inside to live. I didn't have any small hens for him, of his own breed, so I put the bamtam Crevecouer in with him and he loves her so much. He can often be seen with his wing over her and he will go Ninja on me if I try and open the door to the large kennel I've temporarily put them in. Yesterday she laid 2 eggs, the first since I've had her in with him so I'm anxious to see what kind of babies they produce.

napoleon.jpg

NapoleonJosephine.jpg

So Terry, or anyone else - what kind of chicken is Napoleon? You may not be able to see in the pics but he has a muff and he stands very erect. And he is one tough little dude.

Quote:
He looks like a serama(sp?) by the way he's standing but I'm not sure about the comb.

Thanks as always Terry - now I get to look up two new breeds today - Cuckoo d'Anver and Crevecouers.

SCbatz33 - I was also thinking some kind of Serama since that's the only small, upright breed I know.

He really is oh so cute and small. Really would fit in a bird cage. It'll be fun to see what kind of babies Napoleon and Josephine make.

Quote:
I probably will someday - maybe in my next variety box from SCBirdfarm - I also need some male black Crevecouers and while I'm at it, I need a bunch of female Cochins. That's the only bad thing about the variety boxes, I either get all males or all females of the rare/exotic/unique breeds to hatch. But, the good thing is that when people are here for tours, inevitably, when they point across the yard and say "Oh my, what kind of chicken is that?" It's a bird from SCBirdFarm and half the time I have no idea what kind of breed, just that they are unusual and beautiful and I only have one of each. I have several other birds I need to take pictures of and have Terry I.D. for me and get mates for.

Hi Ruth -

Talk to Aubrey at Boggy Bottom Bantams - he's got every color d'anver you can possibly think of, and he's got crevs and BC white Polish also. And he's a really nice guy just FULL of information, to boot!

Back
Top Bottom