Polish Hens

Its probably that they already could be at laying age but their first few months of laying got paused by the weather (to hot or too cold). So as soon as the temperature and light regulates (spring beginning of summer) they should be laying. My polishes are the worst layers though, not a good productive breed. they're more for someone who just like the way they look..

hiding them is not rare though! my polishes will lay anywhere but the nesting box. Eating them, i dont think so. You'd find remains. unless theyre hiding the remains. i say get the Layer feed (it wont affect the roosters) and go on a egg hunt to see if you find any eggs. Small dark/ or cool places ive found is where they go. In bushes etc.

They are really cool to look at and so fast too I got the birds off a buddy not really knowing anything about chickens I'm hoping to add some better layers come spring winters are very cold here so right now I'm concentrating on just getting my guys through the winter

Its probably that they already could be at laying age but their first few months of laying got paused by the weather (to hot or too cold). So as soon as the temperature and light regulates (spring beginning of summer) they should be laying. My polishes are the worst layers though, not a good productive breed. they're more for someone who just like the way they look..
Generally first year layers will lay through the winter.

Back
Top Bottom