We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

polish/silkie cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sutillman, May 19, 2009.

1. chickendales

chickendales Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    u could breed her to saltin rooster i used have black blue white saltins

2. phasianidae

phasianidae Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:If you bred two F1s together you would get 25% silkie feathered birds. If you breed the F1 to a Silkie, you would get 50% normal feathered, and 50% silkie feathered.

1 person likes this.
  3. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Songster

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    Thank you! I will have to try that in a couple months when the F1's become old enough.

4. tinychicky

tinychicky Songster

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    Quote:wow, she's really pretty! too bad the only silkie and polish i have are both roosters!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  5. ChaddiX

ChaddiX Chirping

I wonder how many times you would have to line breed the father back to the daughters to get the original bird (most like the father)?

Thorn Fulford likes this.
  6. welasharon

welasharon Crowing

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Quote:Hi jacking your thread! The babies I got from you are getting so big. I will try to get some new pics soon. Ugly Girl (really the name just suits her) is doing so very well. I was afraid she would be at the bottom of the pecking order but she can take care of herself just fine. Lays an egg every other day too! She eats a lot of the time. I think the cross beak makes her take longer but I leave food out so she just snacks along. Oh, my tolbunt pullet squatted yesterday when I went to pet her back and then today the roo crowed. He scared himself and then he tried again. It is hideous. I hope he gets better...but while I was talking to him he got excited and grabbed the crest of one of my GL's...but then he had no clue what to do even though she squatted! Ah well. He will figure it out.
    sharon

7. dcturbo4444

dcturbo4444 In the Brooder

May 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

here is my polish cross silkie i did not know what breed it was at first but the friend i got it if confirmed it is a polish cross silkie i think it is a hen it is 13 week old

BirdLeaf likes this.
  8. pumphousehill

pumphousehill Hatching

May 12, 2012
    Here is my Polish Silkie. She is such a nervous bird!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BirdLeaf likes this.
  9. dcturbo4444

dcturbo4444 In the Brooder

May 18, 2012
    how old is she? that is a lovely hen my friend

10. pumphousehill

pumphousehill Hatching

May 12, 2012
    I was told she was a about a year old when we got her in November. So now she would be a year and a half old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: