polish/silkie cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sutillman, May 19, 2009.

1. alisan

alisan Chirping

Sep 5, 2014
    I have a polish silkies cross. Just got IT ?? As a rescue. How do u tell if its a hen or too?? Lol it has a small dark gray comb??

2. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    Does anyone else have this cross? I'd love to see more photos :)

3. CrzyChknLady81

CrzyChknLady81 Songster

Mar 29, 2015
    I just sat about 6 polish silkie cross eggs, a breeder included them a variety of eggs I bought.. Also have plenty of SQ/BQ Silkie eggs set and have Polish (tolbunt) on the way. I had no intentions on crossing what I hatch out, but now I am really starting to consider it.. The babies I am hatching out to be future breeders to supply the local 4H and FFA groups with some quality birds, so guess a few crosses may be in my future...lol...

4. MrsHatz

MrsHatz In the Brooder

Mar 17, 2015
    Coventry, RI
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sherlock out silkie/polish mix; they are gorgeous

BirdLeaf likes this.
  5. lorenevelyn

lorenevelyn Hatching

Sep 20, 2015

Hi I know this was years ago but I just got a chicken which looks exactly like this and the people who sold me her knew nothing about her. If you see this comment could you tell me anything about the one you had. Thank you very much

6. alisan

alisan Chirping

Sep 5, 2014
    Does she have the 5 toes??

7. MakelaNJoe

MakelaNJoe Chirping

Apr 26, 2015
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nugget (black) and violet my 25-27 week old silkieXpolish

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    BirdLeaf likes this.
  8. Chang1993

Chang1993 Chirping

Jan 12, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]

Here are my breeding pair of Gold Laced Frizzle Polish x Buff Silkie. Both of them are bearded and she going broody in a few days.
    Well, it's my first time crossing these guys in 2016. Will cross their offspring to my other genetics of frizzle cochin x porcelain d'uccle.
    In 2017, I will have some of 1/4 D'uccle, 1/4 of frizzle Cochin, 1/4 Silkie, 1/4 frizzle Polish. Will not breed a frizzle to a frizzle.
    I just got to trim my gold laced rooster top hat because he couldn't eat or mate with his feather covering his eyes.

BirdLeaf likes this.
  9. mamalaoshi

mamalaoshi Chirping

Jul 18, 2013
    Roy, WA
    A year ago we got some hatching eggs that were supposed to be silkies and polish from a local person. I don't think she kept them very well separated because they mostly look like silkie/polish crosses. The funny thing is that out of the subsequent three generations, the boys are the only ones with crests and the girls just look like boring white hens. I have one girl with a crest. The original batch of eggs only had one crested hen as well. Any one want to try and explain the possible genetics going on here? The boys that hatch greatly outnumber the girls, only about 25% are girls. So maybe it's just that I have a very small group of girls to begin with?

10. HerbGir1972

HerbGir1972 Songster

Mar 16, 2014
    South Carolina
    My Coop
    We had to sell before we could hatch any of those eggs. We're out of both types now.
    Only LG standard birds now. No polish or silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: