Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one Golden Laced Polish hen who just went broody. Since Polish don't usually go broody, I figured she was in a "phase" and let her be for a week, though she kept hopping nests to whichever has eggs in it, since I went out several times a day to collect the eggs. She made no sign of breaking her broody, and she completely stopped laying, even though she rarely had an egg in the nest, so I gave her two eggs to hatch. She's been sitting on them since Sunday, and she has been a pretty good momma this far. She has even plucked out some breast feathers for them, and she lays contently most of the day.

The best part about all of this is the interesting sound she makes when I mess with her.

The video is uploaded on FB, so the video won't load, but it is listed to Public so anyone should be able to view it. The video was taken before I decided to let her hatch her clutch.
ya.gif

I have two polish chicks about 9 weeks old. The buff has a pretty rounded crest which lead me to believe it was a female, but it's waddles started growing and now I'm confused. What confuses me even more is I have a golden laced polish that's hair is kinda crazy but no waddles. I have absolutely no idea what sex they are now, it's driving me nuts.

That is quite an interesting and unusual sire all right. A Polish hen sitting on eggs. Good luck with her!

I am entertained every visit I make to the coop.
gig.gif
Thank you! I hope it all works out well. Anyone know if a once broody hen will likely be more likely to be broody again, or is this most likely a one-time thing?

Jfreeman, that is adorable!

Thank you. :) Your guys look cute!

He is adorable. <3

So... I weight my little skinny guy today. He's a whole 1.7 lbs. Over the past four days that I've had him I've been offering him the standard fermented feed that I give everybody. He eats that. I've also been offering scrambled eggs, jelly bread, and oatmeal...all of which he picks at but won't eat. Any suggestions on anything else I can offer him to try and put some weight back on his skinny bones?

Have you taken a fecal sample kit from the vet to test him for worms? It's also possible like my Silkie that he has picked up a digestive bacteria that interferes with appetite too. I would take him to a vet as this isn't sounding too good.

Have any of you had issues with feathers not coming in? I have one chicken who has some silly looking growth going on. I have spent hours watching them to see if it is plucking related, and not seen any unless it is happening early in the AM or late in the PM in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom