Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you for easing my mind. It now looks like he has a feathers starting to sprout out of the ends of the quills. Its amost like there is an extra shaft on the outside too. Is there anything I can do to help the process along? Or just let things run their course. He is 12 weeks.

Thank-you for easing my mind. It now looks like he has a feathers starting to sprout out of the ends of the quills. Its amost like there is an extra shaft on the outside too. Is there anything I can do to help the process along? Or just let things run their course. He is 12 weeks.

If he's growing new feathers extra protein in the form of cut-up hard-boiled egg is usually gobbled up. I've never had a juvenile refuse boiled egg for extra protein while feathering out. I fed one every day to feathering juveniles for about a month. My juveniles were usually separated from the adult flock until they were 5-6 months old so only the juvies got cooked egg.

Hello! I've gotten my babies from ideal on Thursday and I was wondering... I have a white crested black polish baby, and the legs are dark (not all dark though) is this a way of tellin if its a pullet or roo? I will try getting some pics later :D :D

Hello! I've gotten my babies from ideal on Thursday and I was wondering... I have a white crested black polish baby, and the legs are dark (not all dark though) is this a way of tellin if its a pullet or roo? I will try getting some pics later
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I read that the leg color has nothing to do with the sex of the chick. I got 3 sexed females from mypetchicken. They are 4 weeks old now & 2 have slate legs & 1 has flesh colored legs...Hoping they really are all girls! Aren't your new chicks adorable? Can't wait to see pics!

I read that the leg color has nothing to do with the sex of the chick. I got 3 sexed females from mypetchicken. They are 4 weeks old now & 2 have slate legs & 1 has flesh colored legs...Hoping they really are all girls! Aren't your new chicks adorable? Can't wait to see pics!

Thank you! This is my first time with wcb polish so I wasn't sure :) I will have to get pics of him/her

Here is a pic of another polish. Not sure what color but still cute! I thought it was a white crested red polish but it's pin feathers are coming in with like a lacin but I guess I'll have to wait! Lol

(Below) in the middle is a silver laced polish :D (on the left is a mille fleur D'uccle, last on the right is a silver sebright)

I will get pics of my wcb polish baby soon!

Last edited:
Thank you! This is my first time with wcb polish so I wasn't sure
smile.png
I will have to get pics of him/her

Here is a pic of another polish. Not sure what color but still cute! I thought it was a white crested red polish but it's pin feathers are coming in with like a lacin but I guess I'll have to wait! Lol

(Below) in the middle is a silver laced polish
big_smile.png
(on the left is a mille fleur D'uccle, last on the right is a silver sebright)

I will get pics of my wcb polish baby soon!
They are so cute! I wanted a Mille Fleur D'uccle SO MUCH, but I have to go with standard sizes due to the Pomeranian I don't trust in our home. Are all of your Polish Bantams? My little White Crested Black was the 1st to grow in a big girl tail, & the 1st to get a poofy round beautiful mop on her head. I love her!

Leg color doesn't tell sex, but I sure wish it did! My SL and GL all have slate legs. My Tolbunt all have white legs.

BRs and Doms are the only breeds I know that are sexable by leg color at day-old. The females have dark legs/toes while the males will have no shading. Also the females usually have tight white dots but the males will have scattered dots usually with extra splashing behind the neck but I've seen females with scattered splashing too. Therefore the legs are the most accurate for sex ID on Doms/BRs and about 99% accurate.

If anyone knows of any other breeds sexable by leg color feel free to chime in.

Day Old Golden Laced Polish

2 weeks old today!

This little chick was a "mystery chick" freebie from McMurray. Hopefully it's a hen because she'll have a home with someone who REALLY wants a Polish and will love her when she grows up.

Unfortunately, s/he thinks s/he's a duck! I am brooding 3 Cayuga ducklings in with my DP's, and this one wants to hang out with the ducks rather than the other chicks, and gets upset if the ducks aren't in sight! *L*

Back
Top Bottom