Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving those black cresteds.

Well we never did find anyone to take our polish too, so due to lack of space he went back in with our laying hens. So our next batch of babies will be polish blended with partridge Plymouth rock, EE, heritage rir, and slwyandotte

Thanks...can't wait to see your babies too they will be pretty and interesting 
maybe we could purchase or trade son feritle eggs with you down the line
1f44d.png

Question about polish genetics. If a polish rooster breeds a non crested breed (partridge Plymouth rocks, rir, araucana) is the crest a dominate trait. Will I be able to tell which chicks have polish daddy & which do not?????

Question about polish genetics. If a polish rooster breeds a non crested breed (partridge Plymouth rocks, rir, araucana) is the crest a dominate trait. Will I be able to tell which chicks have polish daddy & which do not?????

Some will be crested and some will not. When I crossed Polish to my EE's the first generation all had crests. When I cross them back to non crested the hens got crests and the boys did not. When crossed back to crested they both ( sexes) got them back and if crossed half polish to half polish some get them and some didn't.

Thank you! Are they not considered a true polish or something? I Haven't seen many!

Yes they are Polish. There is a splash out there and blue out there. Blue sometimes have white crests and there is another blue that have black crests.

Back
Top Bottom