Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pics and talk about our birds
52321_100_0874.jpg
this is polly a splash polish who just started laying

I'm new to BYC and polish. Here are some of my girls. I'm already in love with the breed!

Can anybody sex this one? The others seem obviously pullets. This one acts like a rooster. 18 weeks old.

Welcome! I adore my Polish girls and I was worried my Silver Laced was a cockerel too at 18 weeks! I would wait it out a little longer. Velma's crest didn't really fill in fully and round out until 20 weeks or so and now she's laying! I think you have a pullet, but I'm a first timer! I would wait and it will become obvious in due time!

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! I too am airing on the side of it being a pullet. By 18 weeks mine had started to crow and were a little redder in the wattle department. Saying that though polish are pesky when it comes to sexing them!

You have some lovely birds there I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks everyone! I'm a vet tech. I've wanted my own hens since we cared for a flock in college. I was finally able to make it happen this fall. I'll let you know what happens with the mystery blue polish!

One of my Polish hens, Calypso, has recently gone a bit broody and even started making dinosaur like noises at the other hens when they get near her while she's on her nest. Is it normal for Polish hens to turn into velociraptors when they start laying eggs? ;) In all seriousness, the noise she made was enough of a surprise to me that I decided I'd leave all the hens alone until she was done. This breed continually makes me happy and keeps me amused.

Back
Top Bottom