Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you order chicks again, see if the hatchery offers GroGel to put with the chicks during shipment..it may give them the boost to keep them okay until they get to you and you can start vitamins

Thank you so much for that information. The three that are left are ging to the vet tomorrow. That is very good advice about giving the vitamin E drops on the SIDE of the beak. I was giving it to them in front. Thank you so much!!!!

Hi Al! I am new to chickens. I have 2 Polish that I hope are hens! Recently, I noticed that they are starting to get some red/pink flesh on the sides of their beaks. The beginning of waddles, I think. They are 3 mos old. Can anyone share what they think? Roo or Hens? It is hard to see on the black but hers is slightly more developed and a bit more red. Their top feathers are a bit crazy right now, they are getting a lot of new feathers and they are very spikey... still in the casing.

I love your Chick pics AWEEEE!!!!!!!!SOOO CUTE!!!

Very welcome :hugs
I hope your final 3 do great..it's amazing how such little things worm their way into our hearts so fast. I was devastate when I had to put my one Tolbunt chick down. I was so attached in such a short time that I agonized for days on how I wanted to put her down bc I wanted it to be as peaceful for her as possible..
I'll keep my fingers and feathers crossed for your littles ♡♡

Very welcome
hugs.gif

I hope your final 3 do great..it's amazing how such little things worm their way into our hearts so fast. I was devastate when I had to put my one Tolbunt chick down. I was so attached in such a short time that I agonized for days on how I wanted to put her down bc I wanted it to be as peaceful for her as possible..
I'll keep my fingers and feathers crossed for your littles ♡♡
I never in a million years thought I would like Chickens. I use to make fun of people who had nick nacks ceramic chicks and decorated their kitchen with chicken curtains matching plates and rooster rugs. I understand now. I just purchased a big tacky chick jug to put in my living room.LOL!!! It is hand painted probably by a 3rd grader and my husband hates it and I love it. he is coming around though. They are great animals and make such delicious eggs and are such a joy every morning. They perk me up more than a double shot espresso.
I have to laugh at myself though. I surprise myself with all this chicken loven.
Thank you for finger and feather crossing
D.gif
smile.png

I never in a million years thought I would like Chickens. I use to make fun of people who had nick nacks ceramic chicks and decorated their kitchen with chicken curtains matching plates and rooster rugs. I understand now. I just purchased a big tacky chick jug to put in my living room.LOL!!! It is hand painted probably by a 3rd grader and my husband hates it and I love it. he is coming around though. They are great animals and make such delicious eggs and are such a joy every morning. They perk me up more than a double shot espresso.  

I have to laugh at myself though. I surprise myself with all this chicken loven.

Thank you for finger and feather crossing:cd :)  

I'm the same way - before my rooster found me, I was not at all interested in chickens. 8.5 months later, I've got said rooster, 4 hens, 1 cockerel & 4 pullets, a 10ft windmill with a rooster weathervane & a coop with a metal rooster on the roof!

I hope everything goes well with your tiny ones!

I always loved being around chickens when I was a child. I thought it was always fun gathering the eggs and watching them as they would play football with a snake or worm. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that I would have chickens. But that is what made my daughter happy, and raising her up with chickens is giving her chance to show.

Thank you for finger and feather crossing:cd :)  

I've always been a farm girl...but my choice in animals was a horse, and despite growing up surrounded by them I only owned 2 in my earlier years..I bought them at a county fair, kept them penned for 2 days and let them out, they promptly vanished...never to be seen again.. I've been through $#%@ and back the last 2 years getting the birds I wanted and then immediately giving them all away bc a feral dog pack attacked my layers coop. So this year has been spent hatching and starting over..only this year I am prepared for anything that may threaten my birds..yep, I think I qualify as a crazy chick mama..I even had my boyfriend pee all over in the woods behind the coops and barn to discourage predators..lol..my 5 year old son loves getting in on that.

And of course, it's great to have a group or site like BYC where you can meet lots of other enablers, willing to send you eggs, and encourage chicken math skills..
My boyfriend thought I was crazy when I started this adventure. .I don't even eat eggs and he was happy with store bought..now it's "hey do we have any blue eggs?" And I caught him standing over the new hatch's brooder a couple days ago with a Polish chick in his hands..he was whispering sweet nothings to it..lol..apparently chicken fever is contagious ♡♡

I always loved being around chickens when I was a child. I thought it was always fun gathering the eggs and watching them as they would play football with a snake or worm. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that I would have chickens. But that is what made my daughter happy, and raising her up with chickens is giving her chance to show.

I remember going to my grandma's, she lived hours away so it was a trip we made a couple times a year..she always had a flock running around..I remember hunting eggs like everyday was Easter there.. she moved to the city while I was still younger and passed before I started my birds, but I swear sometimes my hens have a flash back to their unrelated ancestors and play hide n seek with their eggs ..and every time I can't help but think my grandma is watching from wherever laughing at me and the kids hunting down eggs ♡♡

Back
Top Bottom