Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am curious. I have ordered white crested black polish and silver laced polish. 3 WC black Polish are sooooo mischievous, though gentle. They like to run away and they run so fast. But my Silver laced polish are soooooo calm and composed. They both love human touch, they are so docile and calm, they behave like a dog sometimes, even the cockerel! Since I ended with 2 cockerels (one WC, one SL), I think I am going to keep SL and rehome the WC.
QUESTION is: are they really different in their temperament because of the breed? Or am I just lucked out????

My SLP are super calm and sweet. I had a WCB rooster as a kid and he was pretty hyper and could be aggressive.

This conversation makes me so sad. I lost all my polish chicks this year. All were GL and sl except for one lil girl who was wcb

:hugs. I am so sorry. :(

I just madly crazy in love with my SLP. If I could have them as indoor pet, I would! But chickens are chickens...they poop as they please LOL.....

@evitachu We hatched 3 Buff Laced Polish 4 1/2 months ago, and they are all lovely birds. They each have really distinct personalities and were so unbelievably friendly and affectionate from birth. We only had the 3 birds at the time though, so maybe that resulted in them having a much greater bond with us.

I just madly crazy in love with my SLP. If I could have them as indoor pet, I would! But chickens are chickens...they poop as they please LOL.....

It's not the poop indoors so much if you use diapers. But you're right that chickens are chickens and happiest where they can dig, scratch, sun bathe, dust bathe, and catch insects and run with the flock. I think the SLP's are adorable too. Wish I could have a ton of different breeds but am zoned for only 5 hens, no roos. Enjoy your sweeties!

I was given a Bearded Buff Laced Polish Pullet as a gift recently.... she's about 4 months old... I absolutely love her!:love her name is"Nu-Pelly"...I put her hair up in a pony tail a few times, so she could see.... she figures out how to get it off.... I'm going Friday to pick up another BBL pullet and a rooster, so she won't be lonely.... I went and bought a little chicken coop with a small run, just for her, because she gets picked on by the others... she's my sweety, and likes being held. Question: Does anybody trim their head feathers to help them see??
This pic is of Nu-Pelly's little house and yard (for now)... She's inside, while my curious little biddies are checking it out.

Last edited:
@fluffs After looking at other peoplese advice we gave Casserole a haircut as everything was flopping to one side. It really cheered her up, and she's much happier now.

Hello there
263a.png
im new to this breed I've only ever had rescued commercial layers. Ive got these 3 chicks, can anyone help me? Girls or roos? They're 6 1/2 weeks old. Thank you in advance
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom