Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was given a Bearded Buff Laced Polish Pullet as a gift recently.... she's about 4 months old... I absolutely love her!:love her name is"Nu-Pelly"...I put her hair up in a pony tail a few times, so she could see.... she figures out how to get it off.... I'm going Friday to pick up another BBL pullet and a rooster, so she won't be lonely.... I went and bought a little chicken coop with a small run, just for her, because she gets picked on by the others... she's my sweety, and likes being held. Question: Does anybody trim their head feathers to help them see??
This pic is of Nu-Pelly's little house and yard (for now)... She's inside, while my curious little biddies are checking it out.

I see you already got an answer, but wanted to ad to be sure: it is safe to trim hens. I do it all the time. But be careful with roosters, as some -not all- have blood feathers. If he can move his crest (I have several that can, it's kinda creepy...) do not trim as it could hurt him. Being a hen she'll be fine though :)

Last edited:

any idea? Boy or girl? Thank you

How old? It seems too early to tell. He/she is still going through the bad hair day teenage period and both genders look kind of the same. Wait one more month when the hair fully develop.

Last edited:
@Kelly Brook 6 1/2 weeks is a bit early to tell yet for sure but to me they are looking decidedly male. It's the little red wattle area that makes me think this and the pointed up crests. I've had them just like this and they have been boys I'm afraid.
I sincerely hope I am wrong and the pesky polands trick me again!!

@Kelly Brook 6 1/2 weeks is a bit early to tell yet for sure but to me they are looking decidedly male. It's the little red wattle area that makes me think this and the pointed up crests. I've had them just like this and they have been boys I'm afraid.
I sincerely hope I am wrong and the pesky polands trick me again!!
thank you for looking, its not a problem if they're boys as they've got a good home to go to. Im just curious as i can never tell the difference

Back
Top Bottom