Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, let them out about 5:30. Went to close the run about 7:30 and she wasn't in the coop. Can't find her anywhere.

Every once in a while we can't find a hen and I can't tell you the panic until we find it. It's not knowing what happened to them when they disappear that's so worrying. We've lost two hens in two months, in fact one today, but we had the bodies to let us know they died naturally. It's the missing hen that one hopes was not carried off. I pray your girl turns up.

Just wondering, about how young can you sex Polish chicks. I have two, I think they're about 5 weeks old, and wasn't sure if they can already be sexed.

That's a good question. Not really sure what a young bearded polish looks like....... Don't know if you can tell from this?
They both look like pullets to me but its still early. Neither look like they have beards which makes them easier to sex. Watch for red wattles to develop. The boys get them pretty early. I haven't noticed my females getting them but I've seen some pics where they have small ones. My females are almost 12 weeks though and no wattles so if your gals get them anytime soon you can be sure they are guys. :)

They both look like pullets to me but its still early. Neither look like they have beards which makes them easier to sex. Watch for red wattles to develop. The boys get them pretty early. I haven't noticed my females getting them but I've seen some pics where they have small ones. My females are almost 12 weeks though and no wattles so if your gals get them anytime soon you can be sure they are guys.
smile.png

Great thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. My last two straight run silkies were both roosters, so here's hoping these two polish are both pullets.

Well, my black/golden polish got attacked. I feared I would lose it but I treated its wound (on top of head) and guess what.... the pretty black feathers grew back solid WHITE!!!
Has anyone else had this happen???

Plus. At what age do they usually start laying???

Back
Top Bottom