Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone made diapers for their polish rooster(s)? My friend has a few polish roosters and has one particular favorite so I was thinking of making her some diapers so she can bring him inside and stuff like that. I just don't know how to make one or how big it should be.

Measuring the bird directly will ensure the best fit. All the diapers I made for my birds was using the bird's measurements for the best fit. There are so many styles/designs for chicken diapers so whatever style you choose will work best using the chicken directly. I have two Silkies and one fits well into one diaper while the other Silkie has too much fluff and needs a slightly wider diaper. I don't like using velcro because it plays havoc on fluffy Silkie fur so I use larger safety pins for fastening. Polish probably aren't a problem with velcro like Silkies.

Measuring the bird directly will ensure the best fit.  All the diapers I made for my birds was using the bird's measurements for the best fit.  There are so many styles/designs for chicken diapers so whatever style you choose will work best using the chicken directly.  I have two Silkies and one fits well into one diaper while the other Silkie has too much fluff and needs a slightly wider diaper.  I don't like using velcro because it plays havoc on fluffy Silkie fur so I use larger safety pins for fastening.  Polish probably aren't a problem with velcro like Silkies.

Okay. Thank you

Summer, Pippy is the biggest sook of a Rooster I have every seen and wants cuddles every morning. so it's nice to know, how sweet yours is. It makes me know Pippy will be an amazing dad next season.

lol
wink.png

I was really scared to put them in her, but when I did and didn't have a single problem! your guy is so cute! My boy would rather freeze then let the EE freeze! He clucks for her when he finds food! When they go to roost Pepper will get under his wing and sleep like that! He is the most loving rooster I've ever seen! I hope your boy turns out like mine!

Back
Top Bottom