Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Banaynaychicken
Please disregard the purple on his down and legs. The other chicks wouldn't stop pecking at his backside and legs (maybe because he's the only white chick in the batch?) so I put blue kote on him to protect his tender skin.

Unique chick's eyes

Sibling's eyes

Unique chick's feet. he often walks on his toes.
thats adoreable how he walks on his toes. (It makes me think he might have a slight brain alfunction however, if you have ever watched or been around a person with a mental situation i.e. autism or similar, they often walk on the ball of their feet their heels rarely touching the ground. My grammy's couzin has this, as well as one of my better friends at school. )

his beak does look a little over-curled, do you think he is a bit underdeveloped but still hatched on time?

also, have you named him/her?

I notice its eyes aren't any different however. I would have expected maybe lighter or even blue eyes.

I guess well see how this little guy comes out as he grows huh?

keep us posted!!

Quote:
fascinating... I read that Polish sometimes have brain issues because of the their skull is vaulted and does not cover the whole brain. Perhaps he bumped his head while flailing in the incubator. I keep calling this chick a he because a friend of mine said that the crest shape indicates that it is most likely a boy. No name yet. For some reason he isn't growing as fast as the other chicks and today he is chirping a lot.

Fro is 8 wks old! She's beautiful!

IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2407.JPG
IMG_2403.JPG
Hey guys my polish chick is getting older and getting her (I hope her) crest feathers in. What do you guys think roo or pullet?

Attachments

• IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 13
Hey guys! Here's Roo now 9 weeks old. Rooster or Pullet. Hoping it's a pullet. The previous photos I've posted you all leaned more towards a rooster.

I'm thinking pullet. Any wattle development?

View attachment 549901 View attachment 549901 View attachment 549900 View attachment 549898 Hey guys my polish chick is getting older and getting her (I hope her) crest feathers in. What do you guys think roo or pullet?

How old please?

Back
Top Bottom