Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

This is the lone Polish that hatched last night. Only 10 hrs old and you can see the crest. This was a hard horrible hatch. 9 were shipped, only 7 made it here safely, only 3 went into lockdown and only 1 hatched.

awwwww
love.gif
Im so smitten with all the cute chicks!
jumpy.gif

Hello!!

I have 6 baby polish due to hatch in a weeks time, very excited as this is my first hatch under a hen (mummy hen is a silkie)
They are pot luck as to colours.... Silver laced, gold laced, frizzle, white crest black..... List cld go on! I can't keep any Roos that may hatch
Dose any one know where I can re home them? Or is anyone looking for a roo??

Hmm...I went to a swap today and was PM'ing a breeder ahead of time. I asked her to hold a trio of her red crested reds for me, but she didn't. All I got were 2 pullets b/c she sold all the boys. :( What colors would you recommend to breed to an RCR? I asked her and she said a white crested black would work, as I'd either get one color or the other. And for the reds I could get red crested red, white crested red, or red with a black tail, which is even MORE rare. I thought that'd be worth a shot, so I bought a white crested black cock to go with them. Any opinions on this???

It was such a pretty day that I let the chicks out for their first outside time this afternoon. They're a month old today. They were able to roam around securely in the run while the big girls were free ranging in the yard. Scratched around in the new sand just put down, ate some tiny grub worms (the brown patch in front of them), took a dust bath and then a nap in the sun. All in all, a very good day.

Hello everyone! Could you please give me your opinion on a few of my 8 week old buff laced polish chicks?

I have a good feeling about two of them but the third is throwing me off..

These are the two I'm pretty sure about - I think the one on the left is a pullet and the right a cockerel

More pictures of what I think is a pullet:

more of the suspected cockerel:

BUT WHAT IS THIS CHICK?!
hu.gif

any opinions would be much appreciated!

thank you!

Not 100% sure (probably guess pullet if I had to), but it does have the best crest shape out of all of them. Be interesting to see how it's color looks when it starts getting adult feathers.

Not 100% sure (probably guess pullet if I had to), but it does have the best crest shape out of all of them. Be interesting to see how it's color looks when it starts getting adult feathers.
Thanks BGMatt! I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a pullet.. whatever it is it's a great lap chicken! I'll probably end up keeping it even if it is a cockerel because it's such a sweetheart
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom