Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions please. Yay or nay on trimming Afro feathers? And what are some recommended styles for females that help them see without cutting everything off? My girls seriously can't see anything but directly below them.

None of my Polish could see anything either and they bumped into things (and other chickens). All my Polish got hair cuts... boys got mullets and girls got a mini-fro. Here is Ozzie before her hair cut. Poor girls couldn't see a thing.

Now she can see enough to fly up to the roost at night and her 'hair' doesn't get soaked anymore when we gave her watermelon. Also, no more bumping into things. The other chickens get along with her now too. Sorry I don't have a closer picture of her after the haircut.

Hmm might have to give them trims. I love their beautiful huge feather heads but they can't even see to get out of the coop on the morning. It takes them several laps in a circle to find the exit. They are also really vulnerable to getting beating by my ducks that won't be seperately back out til the weather gets cool enough for me to build their enclosure. Makes me nervous they will eventually get injured.
None of my Polish could see anything either and they bumped into things (and other chickens). All my Polish got hair cuts... boys got mullets and girls got a mini-fro. Here is Ozzie before her hair cut. Poor girls couldn't see a thing. Now she can see enough to fly up to the roost at night and her 'hair' doesn't get soaked anymore when we gave her watermelon. Also, no more bumping into things. The other chickens get along with her now too. Sorry I don't have a closer picture of her after the haircut.

I did poppet 2 or 3 times per week. He was super friendly though and loved lap sitting so whenever we had cuddles I just checked and cleaned it as a matter of course.

Ok thanks. :)

Opinions please. Yay or nay on trimming Afro feathers? And what are some recommended styles for females that help them see without cutting everything off? My girls seriously can't see anything but directly below them.

Yay. You gotta trim for their comfort. :)

This is Mars, our current Gold Laced rooster! What's there not to love about these birds!!!

Their crests look crazy because they got hair cuts their feathers are growing in.

Ringo - Too bad buff is dominant over gold. I'm going to have to let go of this guy if I want any gold chicks.

Star - bye-bye. Sorry boy.

Cher is a bit shy these days LOL she's the one dust bathing, circled in red.

Marley - My friends don't understand how I can tell them apart.. teeheehee..... .

Ozzie - She has a couple white feathers on the back of her crest. Where did that come from, I wonder? Her personality is awesome though.

I don't know if anyone answered you but what we did for Perscilla was cut front and side feathers around the eyes even those cute check feathers. It helped now she raise her head back looks and goes. Kinda like that kid whose hair is always in their eyes or when you pull you hat over the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom