Polish X Silkies??? Gender, (SIDE PICTURES ADDED)

Quote:
Yes they are all frizzled, none have any feathering like a silkie, the only thing they have is 5 toes, which could come from a sultan?? maybe

In a first generation cross you would not see silkie feathering. Chances are that these are from sizzle breeding. However, the five toes could indeed be from sultan or houdan breeding. However, both houdans and sultans have v-combs, so a cross to either of these should not allow for anything except V-combs. Also, neither houdans nor sultans come in any form of buff colouring.

What colour is the skin? (check the wing pit, not the legs)

Thanks for the info it is great, I got all confussed about combs ect lol. The skin colouring on some is pink and on others, they have grey legs, and pinky/blue ish skin, more like they are lacking in a little bit of oxygen lol....

Quote:
I have no clue on types of cones, which number chicks are these?? many thanks

A single comb looks like a saw blade. It is the comb most people think about when they thing about what a chicken looks like. The polish standard calls for a very small to non-existant comb, which usually means it is hidden by the crest feathers. A V-comb looks like a V: two small spikes jointed at the bottom, above the beak. There is no "blade" portion. A pea comb lies close to the head and has three rows that resemble peas in a pod. A walnut comb looks more or less like the meat of a walnut. I've also heard it described as looking like a wad of gum. It is oval, with a horizontal crease through the middle.

I will go onto his website and get the list of chickens he sells, it may help in determining what they are mixed with.

Right just checked and he has for sale...

Silkies
Cochins frizzles
Barnevelder
pekins
polish frizzles

This may help.

Last edited:
awwwwww them chicks r SO CUTE!!!
love.gif

Quote:
No none have feathered feet, if you look at the chick 7# you can see the 5th toe, when they hatched they all had pink legs, some have gone blue/grey now, some had a little fluff here and there on their legs, but that has gone....

Back
Top Bottom