poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

I thought we were legal...... for almost 3 years, now the loud obnoxous neighbor doesn't like my rooster and says it's illegal to have anything but domestic pets. She is only around on weekends or a week here and there in the summer and the roo wakes her up when she'd like to sleep off her hangover.
We have two lake lots which amount to about three acres and a field which is 4 acres so 7 total. It's a small lake full of noisey ducks geese swans loons pelicans.... the crows are louder than the rooster too. Her dog, kids and grandkids and thier dogs... the boats jetskies all are louder. But she found out lakeshore law says no farm animals. So she is threatening to turn us in if we don't get rid of the roo. He's a nice rooster so I don't want to kill him and it's hard if not impossible to find a home for a roo.
hit.gif

for the lake monster I'd check with the city. You enough space, and if there are that many water fowl around, it may not be an actual law, or you could get around it. Might be worth checking on at any rate. She may just be a jerk.

BAD MUTHER CLUCKER! LOL. but only because I have 56 chickens... (we buffered for roosters) We are only legally allowed to have up to 50. LOL. but if someone turns us in for being 6 over then they spent alot of time trying to count chickens as they run around.

Illegal:( but my neighbors know, so not too bad . We can't have them in Nashville nc even all the other towns around us can . How and where do I begin so it will become legal to have chickens in my town . Please. Help!

Right now im legal. But now my county is trying rewrite th county(daviess county ky) ordinance so wed have to have two acres to have chickens and want to take it to two chickens per acre. What a crock ive emailed and have rallied all my local backyard chicken raisers to join in the fight. If anyone wants to help join the cause you can sign an online petion at www.nurturetonature.orghow_you_can_help.php. They want to pass this law by october and have all the animals removed by december. Thanks to any support.

jeepers I never knew it was so much hassle for folk

to keep a few chickens
roll.png

I looked up over here what the craic was

seems its not so bad ,they're kinda treated as pets

and under pet guidance for welfare also
smile.png

Health and happiness

Back
Top Bottom