• 151-200

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 201-500

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 500+

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I think the most chickens I've had at one time was around 80. But that's because my lovely broody hens like making me surprise babies. 😅

ETA right now I have 26 females, 4 males and 19 unsexed chicks.

I'm constantly in flux though. Just sold 7 pullets today.
Since we’re not likely to be competitors, do you mind me asking what you get for a pullet? It’s PB or cross?

Since we’re not likely to be competitors, do you mind me asking what you get for a pullet? It’s PB or cross?
they're American Game x Orpington so I'm having a hard time with it tbh. I LOVE them but they're not egg powerhouses. $20 each. $15 before they started laying. but I've only sold like 10 maybe so I'm no business model lol.

they're American Game x Orpington so I'm having a hard time with it tbh. I LOVE them but they're not egg powerhouses. $20 each. $15 before they started laying. but I've only sold like 10 maybe so I'm no business model lol.
Hey that's at least $150 you didn't have before! That would feed my 6 chickens for the whole year!

AHHH!! Are those Appenzeller Spitzhaubens? I am getting one of those on Feb 16th! I can't wait!
In that photo above,( in post # 116,) on the right is one of my Spitzhauben pullets. The 3 pullets on the left are half Spitzhauben, half Sebright. It was an experiment, I call them Sprights.
You'll love your Spitzhaubens! I plan to hatch more this year. It's definitely my favorite breed!
Here is my Spitzhauben rooster Beldar w one of the Spitzhauben pullets, Nadine.
2 Spitzes 1-19.jpg

OMG....so back to the drawing board on retirement locations....main has 25 acres for 9500 dollars...that's not a typo....but its colder than a witches ….well, I'll leave that to the imagination.

By the way, I have been looking up sites about eggs per week, and I am finding chickens do not normally lay one egg a day, but my rhode Island has done just that for two weeks now, should I be concerned? and all the eggs were perfect

OMG....so back to the drawing board on retirement locations....main has 25 acres for 9500 dollars...that's not a typo....but its colder than a witches ….well, I'll leave that to the imagination.

By the way, I have been looking up sites about eggs per week, and I am finding chickens do not normally lay one egg a day, but my rhode Island has done just that for two weeks now, should I be concerned? and all the eggs were perfect
Did you mean to post this in another thread?

Some do lay an egg a day. (At least for a while.) BUT chickens are born with all the eggs they will ever have. So the more eggs they lay in a year, they less years they will likely lay.

Is that crappy ground with nothing on it, including no power? That cheap for that many acres is a red flag to me, pretty much no matter the location!

Last edited:
Is that crappy ground with nothing on in including power? That cheap for that many acres is a red flag to me, pretty much no matter the location!
You can find decent bare land here for $1000 an acre if you're buying 40 or more. Smaller lots go for more per acre on average. You might even end up with a couple small fields or a pond. The trade off is northern MN winters. :lau

Most do lay one a day and skip a day once a month.
As they age they lay less and less.
5cd0caea0e325.preview.jpg

Back
Top Bottom