Votes: 6 1.9%
  • 151-200

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 201-500

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 500+

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Ive got 16 currently (one adult roo, one juviline roo, and two little Cornish X cockerels, the other 12 are hens/pullets), hoping to add at least ten with the current 15 eggs in the incubator. :)

I am always curious of people's flock sizes! On average - how many chickens do you keep?

Comment down below about your number of roosters vs hens!

Comment down below on how many meat birds you cycle through in a given year!

Are you actively seeking to increase or reduce your number?

inquiring minds want to know!
I have between 100-200 bantams. I want to increase on the breeds I breed, but right now I need a better setu and Try to get the barred s I have one or two of. I also need to find more coop. I don't butcher my chickens but I'm going to be raising Cornish crosses, to sell chicks and hatching eggs from them.

I have between 100-200 bantams. I want to increase on the breeds I breed, but right now I need a better setu and Try to get the barred s I have one or two of. I also need to find more coop. I don't butcher my chickens but I'm going to be raising Cornish crosses, to sell chicks and hatching eggs from them.
WOW! That's a lot of chickens! How many are roos?

I have 12 total. 7 pullets that are 10 months old and 5 (hopefully pullets) that are 3.5 months old. All in one coop. No roosters allowed. In my dream world, I would be increasing my flock and having roosters and letting them go broody and all the happy chicken things. In my real world, I live in the suburbs and I already have a larger coop and more birds than what is allowed.

I always think about getting a big tom turkey for entertainment, but he wouldn't fit through my coop door! lol.
It's also very likely that he would seriously injure of kill your hens trying to breed them. (This is my pencilled blue palm jake.)
IMG_5710.JPG

It's also very likely that he would seriously injure of kill your hens trying to breed them. (This is my pencilled blue palm jake.)View attachment 2494520
Oh my goodness!
1) He is AMAZING. So beautiful and well kept!
2) I am so embarrassed to have never considered that he would try to mate my hens!:eek:Thank you for telling me that!

Oh my goodness!
1) He is AMAZING. So beautiful and well kept!
2) I am so embarrassed to have never considered that he would try to mate my hens!:eek:Thank you for telling me that!
Thank you. And you're welcome. Many people don't. They also treat them like dogs with feathers, then are surprised when the bird attacks them because he has no respect/fear.

3 frizzles
1 pure silkie
2 pure polish
1 pure OEGB
1 f1 molten Mille Fleur cross
1 f1 Cornish cross cross
2 polish crosses
1 pure jap
1 pure sultan
1 pure Cochin
7 bantam f1 and f2 crosses
Some of the bantam crosses and frizzles are NN. @LizzzyJo, I have about 20 Roos? :oops: I'm glade they all get along with each other. My mom thinks I should sell them all, but I love'em. I might have more Roos than that.Well i have 3 boys I'm trying to sell so about 23Roos?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom