Poll: How was your coop built?

How was your coop built?

• Total voters
We built our out of a playhouse

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_202731.jpg
    IMG_20220410_202731.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 11
I INHERITED an adorable home-built coop/run from my 85 year old dad who passed weirdly happily at home from cancer during the Covid lockdown. (He lived longer than all his immediate family who died too young!)
But you all know that damn chicken math issue. He had built it for just his 4 identical RIR, and after starting Keto/IF (as a newbie) I quickly ended up with 8 different Heritage & cross tiny chicks!!! So without any of his building skills, I had to expand his covered run 3 times + a small free-range garden area and then creatively added enough higher spacious perches in his little 4X4X4-5' coop with 2 exterior/access nests! I now have also added a small adjacent but useless-weed-filled pasture that needs weeding/seeding/planting for their tastier enjoyment.

We started with a Tractor Supply coop and attached a 10 x 20 run to it. Then upgraded to a large OverEZ chicken coop which opens to the 10 x 20 run. We modified its height though. We found the exact same building material and ordered a couple of sheets. My husband cut the boards and added two feet to its height. The company included the color and brand name of paint, so we bought a gallon to paint the new panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom