Poll: Survey collecting your experience treating Scaly Leg Mite

emcd124

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2016
I'm working on my first case of treating Scaly Leg Mite. I got to somewhere on page 30 of 50+ pages of advice on this excellent forum. I realized that it is difficult for most people to read through that many responses, and harder still to get a concrete cumulative overall picture of what people have tried that worked or did not. Members of this forum accurately point out that there is little research on non-pharma or natural solutions to scaly leg mite because there is no interest group funding it.

So I thought that even if it isnt a randomized controlled trial, we could at least aggregate the collective wisdom of this community by surveying people. So I assembled a survey that contains the solutions offered in the forums here. If you have ever tried to treat scaly leg mite, you can fill it out in under five minutes.

The survey is set to show you the results at the end so you can see what others have tried, what worked/didn't, how often they applied it, how long they tried it for, how long before they saw results etc.

https://goo.gl/forms/jurYUHdtx4AOzrpN2

I'm working on my first case of treating Scaly Leg Mite. I got to somewhere on page 30 of 50+ pages of advice on this excellent forum. I realized that it is difficult for most people to read through that many responses, and harder still to get a concrete cumulative overall picture of what people have tried that worked or did not. Members of this forum accurately point out that there is little research on non-pharma or natural solutions to scaly leg mite because there is no interest group funding it.

So I thought that even if it isnt a randomized controlled trial, we could at least aggregate the collective wisdom of this community by surveying people. So I assembled a survey that contains the solutions offered in the forums here. If you have ever tried to treat scaly leg mite, you can fill it out in under five minutes.

The survey is set to show you the results at the end so you can see what others have tried, what worked/didn't, how often they applied it, how long they tried it for, how long before they saw results etc.

Sorry to hear that,

Sorry to hear that. We are just now coming out of the nightmare ourselves!

This is what I did for 8 nights in a row, but if I had known about the other treatment - I never would have done this one. But, no harm, no fowl...er...foul! lol!

I only have two hens (2 yrs old now) and Abby had a "terminal" case of leg mites..the other just started into it.

So, each night after supper (as late as I could) I picked them up and held them over a DEEP coffee can filled with different kinds of oils, but mostly Canola oil and a few other olive oils, one which was green.

Timed it 5 mins each dip x 8 nights and the difference was amazing!

However, I'm now going to buy a tube of NU-STOCK at my local Southern States store and will put on surgical gloves, smear a thick coat on their legs/feet, wait 2 or 3 days and repeat.

It's non-toxic, but extremely smelly hence the gloves! You can get it much cheaper on Ebay or your local TS or S-States Co-Op if you have one near you! Approx. $15/tube! You can also use it on cats, dogs, poultry, farm animals and humans too! It's been around 30+ yrs. :)

That should do it once and for all!

If you go back and look at my other posts on here, you'll see how horrible Abby's poor legs/feet looked. If I'd let it go much longer, she would have died. Chalk it up to beginner's ignorance but trust me, it won't happen again!

Let us know what you did and how it turned out okay?
Best of luck to you, EMCD24!

LindaV in NC
8/1/17

Back
Top Bottom