1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

poly-tonine a complex for ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by danspiel, Jul 23, 2016.

1. danspiel

danspiel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2015
    Gabriola Island, BC
    hey folks! any idea if poly-tonine a complex vitamin powder is appropriate for ducks? and if so, in what amounts? i'm thinking my ducks could use a vitamin boost. the package says it is for "pullets, laying hens, broilers, and turkeys: as an aid in the prevention of vitamin deficiencies." i am guessing that the manufacturer is thinking of chickens, not ducks, so i bet the dosage would have to be lower than the package advises. thanks!

2. danspiel

danspiel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2015
    Gabriola Island, BC
    hmmm...ok, maybe i'll be more general. [​IMG] does anyone know if there is a good rule of thumb for giving water-soluble chicken vitamins to ducks? like, should ducks get half as much in their water as chickens do because ducks drink more?

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Oooh, I missed this before.

I give poultry vitamins according to packet directions to my ducks - but not often. Just when they need a boost. And I put it in their night-time water, so they're only getting it for several hours, not all day.

I have not had any problems with that.

@danspiel

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by