Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
Well so far so good. The two are still hatching & alive, chirping etc ...& I still have Darla locked out. At this point should I intervene? I'm planning to take the babies to hand raise as soon as I know it's safe. I've read alot on here about disaster when helping hatching babies....I DO NOT want that to happen!
Any advice? At what point is too long for hatching?

Well so far so good. The two are still hatching & alive, chirping etc ...& I still have Darla locked out. At this point should I intervene? I'm planning to take the babies to hand raise as soon as I know it's safe. I've read alot on here about disaster when helping hatching babies....I DO NOT want that to happen!
Any advice? At what point is too long for hatching?
So are the hatching gozzies still with the goose, or do you now have the gozzies indoors with you? There are, of course, risks either way!
I´ve been out all day, only just got home, so I imagine by now that they´re well on their way. Why do you want to take them from the goose to raise? That´s a lot of hard work for you.

I have a baby! So far one successful hatch! Keeping a close eye for more! I want to raise at least two....I feel like it makes them more human-friendly. ..I like to be able to pet my geese! I can pick up my gander, hold him & love on him...even now with momma on her nest. And momma lets me come right up to her nest with no complaints. ....

So far, this has not been a very good year for hatching geese for me. I have 12 saddles. 4 ganders and 8 geese and one old pilgrim, who is too old to lay. Started laying in Feb. put around 20 eggs in incubator and hatched 5 out of first batch and 2 in second and 1 as eggs were running out. I have been lucky enough that I could raise them as the first five and final three. The five are almost completely feathered out and need to go outside, but weather is not cooperating. Final three are just starting to feather. There are 4 gray saddles and 4 buff. The adult geese who should be laying heavily about now, have gone into a complete moult, wing feathers and all. I am hoping that they get through it and start laying again. I also have a trio of miniature pilgrims that have not laid a single egg yet this year. I will try to post pictures later if anyone is interested in seeing them. Has anyone else had a weird laying season like this?

Fowl Menagerie, I have noticed that my geese seem to be begining to molt. They are laying sporadically, including the ones I got from you last year, but all but 1 is under a year old. Now that I have removed the predator that had been getting the few eggs there were in the nests; I'm hoping for each goose to be able to hatch at least 5 or more.

We got our second egg [the first to come in whole] yesterday. Not quite sure whose it is. Hoping to collect a few more and then set them.

Back
Top Bottom